Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusen-mochi Datta no de, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei Toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.1 - (Part two)

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX good, I hate those filthy buzzing bugs posing as humans, lol.

grumpy-cat-good.png

@Lexical you are right. Initially it is fine, but later on it's not. ShionSinX is right that he should already stopped that now. MC wants to assume that the conversion ratio is the same everywhere, but you can't forget he converts not through money, but goods.
Food on one station will be more expensive than on station it's being produced. Had he landed on that station first, his calculations would end up vastly different everywhere else. It's just that author is being lazy/trying to make it reader friendly which makes it unrealistic in the end. Good he has that elf with him, he would die alone otherwise.

@ShionSinX
about water I doubt prices changes that much but as far I remember in WN menctioned is a very regulared good (it´s prohibited the use for recreational purposes) and considering even in a scifi transporting water from an habitable planet (either inhabited by nobles, military, research, resort or industrial, never for the common folk at least in the empire) to stations would be a logistical strain (even worse for the poor sods living in systems without water avaliable or costly prohibitive) the price for transporting water in normal circunstances would be a good patron of currency fluctuations over time

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT why from a planet? There's spaceships and lots of frozen water in space tho. Also water is mostly recycleable, only some loss due to leaks or people taking it with them would mean negative water balance.
And the water is not such a big deal as the food is.
Great technological progress decreases the price of food, considering the price remained the same is the matter of supply costs. It means it's very variable from station to station.

Double-page supporter
Oh damn the elf figured the fake one out, wow she is pretty smart, now that is a good female lead and thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@VIVIT I can see that and its fair, but then again two systems at war would not have any reason to abide by another's rules/laws. Within a system its fine, more than that its just unreasonable to think theres some set of laws that remain the same or can be enforced space-wide.

I have to agree with @tonie. The author made it like that because hes lazy, or he just dumb and doesnt understands economy at all. Same goes for every isekai author who make people use honorifics as if everyone was Japanese. Medieval fantasy setting with European living style? Lets make the beastmen tribe that lives in the mountains call the MC 'hero-sama'.

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX it's just japanese doing things for japanese. Either they just don't think about selling their work abroad or are just naturally xenophobic toward non-japanese. Actually I'm really afraid japanese are just xenophobic by nature and don't consider it wrong. They make things relateable and easy for japanese while ignoring all others.

Dex-chan lover
@tonie that seems to be the case when you see how hard they work for their titles to NOT be published anywhere else as much as they can, and in some cases they really never are (they lose money just because).

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Group Leader
@tonie Lazy? But of course, no objections here, this story’s a bunch of recycled tropes anyhow!😉

Be that as it may, i think your idea is hindered by one thing.

Let us say that there are no supply fluctuations on the starting space station for sake of argument and remains 3 Enels/liter. If he is currently at an area that requires 3000 Enels/liter of water and asks for the going price back at the starting-station (3E/L) it’s not that the exchange rate changed it’s the purchasing power.
Alternatively, let’s suppose he never left the staring station and water skyrockets in price. But he knows that wages have not gone up ( the average station dweller’s and military recruit’s salaries are known and mentioned consistently in passing across the different chapters) we end up with the same thing.

Considering that the Enel is a universal currency and that price fluctuations in one commodity don’t usually overly affect the indices as a whole and that there are more than a few star systems to buffer any fluctuations in a given system, his initial valuation for the exchange rate isn’t as flawed as you make it out to be. Especially when you consider he has prior knowledge of ship pricing, weapons, ship supplies, auto-cooker cartridges, docking fees, salvage items, and rare materials. Considering how varied that list is, it should be enough to provide him with a reasonable benchmark to gauge if his initial valuation needs revision. Not to mention, he knows the monthly wages for several classes of the Naval Military. Since they have bases that are spread about the various systems so long as their wages don’t change, he has no reason to change his initial 1:100 approximation, even if it’s off by a certain amount.

Even though this may not be an overly solid a premise on my part, so long as the author doesn’t throw something into the canon I’m not sure I see a need to worry about his odd tic of converting Enels to Yen from time to time.

Aggregator gang
Exchanging fluids, living together, fighting enemies together she is bound to notice changes in on how you behave, act, what is a lie, what is truth and more.
Pretty common in couples. Correction, good couples

"Yeah, it's a lie. I just don't want to talk about my past. It's complicated and weird, and honestly I just want to deal with it on my own terms - at least for now, sorry."

Problem solved without any awkwardness, and leaves the option of telling them later. I can't wait to see how MC has an aneurysm and just fucks up everything though.

Users who are viewing this thread