Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 13 - Tsumiki-san and Ball Toss

Group Leader
Every chapter that passes, the more I identify with Michi.

Also would like to take this chance to wish everyone a happy Chinese/Lunar New Year! It's the year of the Wood Dragon, so best health and prosperity to my fellow Dragon babies. Worked on this from my work laptop while at my hometown so if y'all spot anything, blame my shitty laptop.

Dex-chan lover
What the f*ck ? How is that creepy, are you really gonna smile at a k*ller the same way you smile at your girlfriend ?
People always have different way to talk to different individual and that's completely fine.
That dude at the end just being rude and shortsighted af

Group Leader
See, I knew Kiba was a good girl. Roman is still kinda skeezy, but less :p.

More TL Notes for anyone who actually cares enough to read the comments:

- Roman switched from using tons of social media slang last chapter (she still uses some) to just drawwwwwing herrrr worrrrrds ouuuuuut. If you noticed that and thought it was annoying, this was real.

- So is Kiba a mermaid or half mermaid or what? Well... it depends. She is '半魚人' which is very clearly 'half fish person' and none of the other characters have that half (半) on their genjin type. And I know I did a big comment about this for last chapter. Except... it turns out that if you go back and look at some really old youkai stuff, which I did, 半魚人 can refer to half merman or... just a merman! This is not a reading I knew about. It's listed in some dictionaries as 'merman (obscure)'. So anyhow, I'm going with just 'mermaid' for now because:
  • She doesn't look any more or less human than the other genjin, so no reason to think half.
  • If we put 'half-mermaid' and she's not then it is wrong.
  • If we use 'mermaid' that's correct whether she's full mermaid or half mermaid.
  • So for the principle of least harm I'm going with just 'mermaid' for now until we learn otherwise. Sorry for any confusion!

Group Leader
I like the two new girls designs, they're cute. I don't like that they made them influencers, it makes it hard for me to like them as characters. I've always found those types of people insufferable.
Roman definitely has the personality (I mean, she's supposed to be annoying), but Kiba just seems way too honest (except for the usual tsundere stuff)... I suspect Roman just wheedled her into doing it.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Thank you for the upload as usual!! We got to see serious tsumiki even if only for a bit. Loved the ending of the event haha legit made me lol.
I like how the other girl wasn’t your typical I'm a mean school girl trope because you are as/more popular than me and went with the she just want true competition. Great chapter.

He BETTER eat lunch with tsumiki after she gets get sandwich’s !!! Screw your mean ol friends lol hang with your bae first !

Aggregator gang
See, I knew Kiba was a good girl. Roman is still kinda skeezy, but less :p.

More TL Notes for anyone who actually cares enough to read the comments:

- Roman switched from using tons of social media slang last chapter (she still uses some) to just drawwwwwing herrrr worrrrrds ouuuuuut. If you noticed that and thought it was annoying, this was real.

- So is Kiba a mermaid or half mermaid or what? Well... it depends. She is '半魚人' which is very clearly 'half fish person' and none of the other characters have that half (半) on their genjin type. And I know I did a big comment about this for last chapter. Except... it turns out that if you go back and look at some really old youkai stuff, which I did, 半魚人 can refer to half merman or... just a merman! This is not a reading I knew about. It's listed in some dictionaries as 'merman (obscure)'. So anyhow, I'm going with just 'mermaid' for now because:
  • She doesn't look any more or less human than the other genjin, so no reason to think half.
  • If we put 'half-mermaid' and she's not then it is wrong.
  • If we use 'mermaid' that's correct whether she's full mermaid or half mermaid.
  • So for the principle of least harm I'm going with just 'mermaid' for now until we learn otherwise. Sorry for any confusion!
Your thoroughness is always stellar and we are all grateful someone like you is working on this series 💙

Dex-chan lover
Roman definitely has the personality (I mean, she's supposed to be annoying), but Kiba just seems way too honest (except for the usual tsundere stuff)... I suspect Roman just wheedled her into doing it.
That's part of what bugs me about it. A hyper competitive, slightly tsundere, tomboy, fish girl should be right up my alley but the phone/social media addition just kills it even if someone else pushed it on her.

Group Leader
Your thoroughness is always stellar and we are all grateful someone like you is working on this series 💙
Thank you! I am not a native speaker, but get along just fine in Japan when I'm there. TBH, speaking is much easier than learning all the freaking kanji. I do know our translations are much better than MTL just because sometimes after I've translated some bits I go 'You know I bet MTL would just choke on this' and purely for my own ego/amusement run it through and laugh at the results. It has a particularly hard time with Roman. This is why I take stuff like the mermaid/half mermaid thing super seriously - I wanna do this right, and even if nobody reading would notice, we all love Tsumiki and want you to have the best Tsumiki so I agonize about it and I super apologize for anything I was ignorant about.

And I say 'our translations,' because after I translate it and it's typeset, our entire team looks at it and makes some edits to the word choices to make it catchier or fit better. They don't know Japanese, but they do know English! It's pretty amazing how stuff that looks perfectly fine in my TL script suddenly looks awkward when it's actually on the page. So either I'll say 'Ummmm... I wrote this, but it reads badly, so can we do this instead?' or one of the other peeps will suggest something that's better than something else I wrote. We almost always say 'sure, that's better (and I say yeah, still accurate)' and then maibi makes the changes. Maibi also does a lot of editing while TSing, same as I'd do while TSing my own stuff. Maibi definitely deserves the chief editor credit, and then everyone else gets a sub-editor credit.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
After the set-up from the last chapter, I expected the two new girls to be a bit more sinister. But this is MUCH nicer. :glee:

I guess the real drama will be just whoever the heck Yukata was talking with on his phone. Time for you to do something nice for the human, Lame Vampire-san.

Users who are viewing this thread