Saikyou Yuusha Party wa Ai ga Shiritai - Ch. 16 - I Don't Need to Know Them Yet

Group Leader
It's also partially because it will mess with his ability to perform his job if he gets too emotional. He'd rather protect her.
That part is pretty clear, although we all know he is capping in this particular aspect.
The part that is more foggy is the:
Being next to that shining light makes me unpopular with the ladies, and nervous.
and
Any human touched by her kindness would misunderstand, and lose their composure.
the nervous is kinda ok, but what kind of excuse is "Being next to that shining light makes me unpopular with the ladies"??

Dex-chan lover
She's basically what Darkness would look like if the manga and anime weren't cowards

Edit: I think the goddess in charge has gone rogue. How close am I?

Dex-chan lover
the nervous is kinda ok, but what kind of excuse is "Being next to that shining light makes me unpopular with the ladies"??
To me, it looks just like his insecurities at play. He has a lot of worries about Shaayu. Those worries seem to fuel his huge feeling of "I WANT A GF. I WANT TO BE POPULAR." With Shaayu around him, women aren't going to look at him. They go towards that blinding sun. People only pay attention to Shaayu and Rufue. Even his own teammate idolizes Shaayu. The only one who likes him romantically is Shaayu herself. He can't accomplish anything around her. I think he really does like Shaayu but the situation is something he's not quite ready to accept.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't understand jack shit of his reasoning to not get with her...
His reasoning reminds me of what some non celebrities ex-gf/hubby/wife/bf, will say after they leave their celebrity other. Some people are just way too insecure. They put their person on this pedestral and then think they can't be with that person because they are on the pedestral.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the original text handles the elf. Does it use futanari, and "intersex" is the translators cringe interpretation?

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how the original text handles the elf. Does it use futanari, and "intersex" is the translators cringe interpretation?
It uses the term 両性 or Ryosei which means something has two natures. Toifa yells "両性用のお風呂あるだろ" or literally "There are baths for people with both sexes like you, yeah?" at Rufue. Intersex seems to be a pretty good neutral way of translating it.

I am not fluent by any means so someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

Supporter
It's going to be some weird bored god behind it all, I bet.

Hope we meet the other daughter, who is running the park before they leave.
My guess it's a isekai who's on the "acTuaLLy iTS THe heRo's ThaT ARe bAD" trope. God I hate that trope.

Dex-chan lover
It uses the term 両性 or Ryosei which means something has two natures. Toifa yells "両性用のお風呂あるだろ" or literally "There are baths for people with both sexes like you, yeah?" at Rufue. Intersex seems to be a pretty good neutral way of translating it.

I am not fluent by any means so someone more knowledgeable can correct me.
I'd say it's a pretty reasonable translation.

Frankly, I'm surprised intersex is common enough to have their own bathrooms in this world.

Group Leader
To me, it looks just like his insecurities at play. He has a lot of worries about Shaayu. Those worries seem to fuel his huge feeling of "I WANT A GF. I WANT TO BE POPULAR." With Shaayu around him, women aren't going to look at him. They go towards that blinding sun. People only pay attention to Shaayu and Rufue. Even his own teammate idolizes Shaayu. The only one who likes him romantically is Shaayu herself. He can't accomplish anything around her. I think he really does like Shaayu but the situation is something he's not quite ready to accept.
Yeah, i can see it in this way from his behavior so far, i just thought this phrase wordening in particular was kinda :haa:.
Because if he his with her as a couple why would he still want to be popular with the ladies? It's like saying "i will not date you because it will make other people want me even less...".
Could be a japanese grammatical structure issue to, or just me not being good at grasp the meaning, ty for everyone who replied!

Group Leader
Intimate emotional bonds with comrades will dull his decision in crucial situation
This is kinda of a excuse, even tho there is a bit misconceptions, a good example of a love bound being beneficial in armed forces are the Spartans.
And Toifa already simps hard for our Hero girl and is doing just fine.

Dex-chan lover
I really love this series and I truly hope it gets an anime one day.

Thanks everyone at QUANTUM for the translation

Dex-chan lover
My guess it's a isekai who's on the "acTuaLLy iTS THe heRo's ThaT ARe bAD" trope. God I hate that trope.
Essentially "what if Superman, but evil" of Japan.
It works for the first time and once in a blue moon when done well. Otherwise, meh and overdone.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly wanna know what Shaayu would do if he starts looking at another woman

Fed-Kun's army
Inter what? "Queen-king" of brothel.. i dont wanna kno that story (from ch 15.5) now go somewhere else and just let me watch onsen with hero sama and that's all..

Users who are viewing this thread