Saikyou Yuusha Party wa Ai ga Shiritai - Ch. 16 - I Don't Need to Know Them Yet

Dex-chan lover
What started as a silly joke manga is getting awfully serious. Still a bit silly but there’s a lot going on that I feel I need to re-read from the start sometime.
We really needed more works like this one or that one.

Dex-chan lover
I really hate that you have to be "logical" at all times to be proficient at magic trope. Some series have the opposite and that it's emotions that makes your magic stronger. MC is just being a coward. Relationships will always be difficult at some point. No matter who you're with. Thanks for the chapter!!!

Dex-chan lover
That part is pretty clear, although we all know he is capping in this particular aspect.
The part that is more foggy is the:

and

the nervous is kinda ok, but what kind of excuse is "Being next to that shining light makes me unpopular with the ladies"??
Think of all the manga where the kingdom feels the need to kill the Hero, because they can't stand how the Hero's pure-hearted example makes all the normal people look. A Good Hero is a mirror for the flaws of the surrounding people, so for Itsuka it just shows how unpopular he is, plus he's not as decisive/strong-willed, in comparison.

I really hate that you have to be "logical" at all times to be proficient at magic trope. Some series have the opposite and that it's emotions that makes your magic stronger. MC is just being a coward. Relationships will always be difficult at some point. No matter who you're with. Thanks for the chapter!!!
You're describing a something like say a Sorceror vs Wizard in DnD terms.

Gifted or inherited magic vs magic calculated via pure intellect and study.

MC is very clearly the latter.

Fed-Kun's army
Respect for the author for treating our intersex friend with respect, even if they themselves are totally shameless.

But now I'm wondering how Shaayu's madness will manifest.
Probably gonna look something like evil cycle alice, beautifully unhinged
latest

Aggregator gang
I need spoilers last chapter I read was 5 so I want to know if MC is still dense

Dex-chan lover
We finally get to the true reason why he won't reciprocate Shaayu's feelings. It wasn't that he thought she was a dude, or that he thinks she didn't like him, or even her actual age, it's the fact that if he was to take their relationship to the next stage that it might make him emotional in times of danger and that will affect his ability to cast spells and protect her
Damn, he's a true man, but it's a matter of time before he realizes that his emotions are already compromised and gives in; at least, that's my hope.

Users who are viewing this thread