Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Maybe there are colluding between tribes to destroy their own respective rival factions within their tribes.

Dex-chan lover
Someone need to read Ender's Game ;)

More like: the older you get, the lazier you get and the less optimal but easier option sounds better and better.
I've read Ender's Game. Don't try to just win the battle, you need to win the battle and all the ones that would ever come after it the first time around.

"But the buggers were just misunderstood really!" only happens in books. In the current year things are bad and consistently getting worse because the people doing this shit to us are definitely not misunderstood and no amount of reasoning or tolerance helps, those are only achieving the opposite.

Dex-chan lover
I've read Ender's Game. Don't try to just win the battle, you need to win the battle and all the ones that would ever come after it the first time around.

"But the buggers were just misunderstood really!" only happens in books. In the current year things are bad and consistently getting worse because the people doing this shit to us are definitely not misunderstood and no amount of reasoning or tolerance helps, those are only achieving the opposite.
TFW ppl r recommending murder/genocide to solve dispute in the comment section :fml:
Don't try to just win the battle, you need to win the battle and all the ones that would ever come after it the first time around.
How about winning by not making the other lose? Wargame ring any bells? Ya not considering when the shoe is on the other foot?
"But the buggers were just misunderstood really!"
Could be a number of other cases, 1st contact is never easy.
You read any other xenofiction?
only happens in books
That's like, just your opinion, man.

Dex-chan lover
TFW ppl r recommending murder/genocide to solve dispute in the comment section :fml:

How about winning by not making the other lose? Wargame ring any bells? Ya not considering when the shoe is on the other foot?

Could be a number of other cases, 1st contact is never easy.
You read any other xenofiction?

That's like, just your opinion, man.
Some people are just crap. No culture or religion or race or class or upbringing or whatever you can think of are immune to this, all have varying degrees of crap people or the types of crappiness they are. A crap filter helps, the more stringent the better, but you need to learn sooner rather than later that no amount of sitting around a camp fire and singing Kumbya, my lord is going to magically fix the problem, the problem for most is irreconcilable and for the rest they need to start within, it's not your civic duty to save the world.

Some people are just permanently broken due to the concrete of their beliefs having set years ago, or brain problems or whatever. Worrying too much on how you can fix them will only worry you into an early grave.

Fed-Kun's army

Kinda myopic view to take as a general standard - "there's never any misunderstanding, commit to genocide every time there's violent conflict between sentients ever" is really one of the takes ever (read: stupid).

Sometimes terrible organizations need to be destroyed as thoroughly as possible, because they simply are terrible. Sometimes you need to put your foot down and say as best you can "no more".

But not every time. It's not like governments should commit to slaughtering everyone involved in every protest in which there are rioters ever - it's stupid and doesn't work and anyone with functioning braincells knows it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure the kid will have something to say. Shortly after I posted my last comment, it occurred to me that the fire user from Dahlia could also have been pushed around by the elders of his tribe. I see this as one of two warring tribes, one of which is obviously aggressive, who were reliant on swords and bows suddenly found themselves in possession of an artillery gun. Since they initiated the war, the younger and able-bodied warriors and tribe officials would've had more backing amongst themselves, making it impossible for a child to refuse their wishes despite his powers, e.g., threatening members of the boy's family, or the family themselves could've been exerting their influence on him, and pressured him into joining the fight.

More to the point, it makes no sense for them to believe that anyone would simply comply with their demands just because they were the oldest members of the tribe, and they bark. Aesir touched on it, that it seemed they were using their seniority to throw their weight around, because they believed it gave them clout and the right to talk down to others as if they were there to serve them. Like the man said, they're welcome to come up with solutions, or do the deed themselves.
Yeah, that's more what I was getting at. It was funny to me that they went from "We demand you kill them all!" and getting told "no" only to later say "You said you were going to kill them all!" and being told do it themselves if they want it so badly.

This was a good binge read. So many feels. This is exactly why I want more MC in fantasy/isekai to be from long lives races. So many things that could be done with them that you could with just the simple reincarnated as a human.

Double-page supporter
I hope Aesir drags out the elders of both tribes because this definitely seems like a situation where the elders got greedy and started shit they wouldnt have to live with.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if he is going to marry them in order to stop the conflict though a political marriage.

Thanks everyone at XuN for the transition of this amazing chapter.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter...
reading this manga is so satifying, any other manga would've put the battle result in the next chapter just to create cliffhanger in the current chapter

Dex-chan lover
Kinda myopic view to take as a general standard - "there's never any misunderstanding, commit to genocide every time there's violent conflict between sentients ever" is really one of the takes ever (read: stupid).

Sometimes terrible organizations need to be destroyed as thoroughly as possible, because they simply are terrible. Sometimes you need to put your foot down and say as best you can "no more".

But not every time. It's not like governments should commit to slaughtering everyone involved in every protest in which there are rioters ever - it's stupid and doesn't work and anyone with functioning braincells knows it.
If you want clarification:
1: If a particular group/whatever is minding its own business, fine. Install a crap filter and keep an eye on the situation but otherwise it's okay.
2: If a particular group/whatever wants you dead and is attempting to make you dead through fair means or foul, it's well within your right to make them dead first.
3: It is definitely not your civic duty to assume that #2 is misunderstood or turn the other cheek or anything like that, it would rarely have any effect if at all, and it is cruelty to those near you. If you're the only one specifically who'd be affected feel free to get yourself killed, but this is almost never the case even if it's only considering those who care about you.

Bonus: The government are the last people you should put the decision in the hands of or otherwise leave it entirely to, they may well be #2.

Dex-chan lover
Someone need to read Ender's Game ;)

More like: the older you get, the lazier you get and the less optimal but easier option sounds better and better.
It's not laziness. It's practicality and selfishness.
If you know you will die in 20 years, waiting 10 years to get what you want is a very bad deal. So any long term solution become worse.
And any long term consequences become insignificant too, sure maybe life will be harder after you die. But then you'd be dead so it's not a hard choice.

+1 for Ender's game reference.

Dex-chan lover
those old men badly wants to be buried alive lmao fucking entitled pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread