The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
wtf are you talking about, they are brother and sister hesitation is the expected outcome. it is entierly unnatural if you just kill your bro at the drop of a hat after having feelings of familial love for your entier life towards them.
WTF are you talking about? It's well established that they aren't close; and, while stupidity is common, and in that sense may be said to be natural, it's crap writing to make the central hero or heroine stupid. When faced with a dangerous opponent who has just tried to kill an innocent person horrifically, one doesn't let that opponent catch his breath or gain his balance.

(And, as I noted to another apologist for the bullshit, no one should presuppose that killing him is necessary to defeat him.)

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, it worked, after a fashion, in the Isaac Asimov Foundation series. The Mule was a very clever mind controller, but he wasn't the most brilliant person around, but he was smart enough to recognize brilliant and competent people and then mind control them into serving him and then making full use of their talents, it's an extreme form of delegating, which is what good leaders do, and he did take over the Galaxy, most of it anyway.
The vampire mind control isnt perfect, it also has the downsides assiciated with it as charm clouds people's judgement. There is also the issue of it being a medivial society so even talented people are hamstrung due to lack of underlying information. The prince also doesnt seem like the kind of person who knows how to use talent, and his bias against mages is blinding him. Technically speaking Euphy is an example of one of the most talented people but he threw her under the bus due to his blind hate for powerful mages.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get why he's mad at Anis for abandoning the throne when it makes him heir and be able to change the stuff he doesn't like once he becomes king. Is it just his inferiority complex?
The throne is seriously tied in this odd balance of power with the nobility and the people. Algard recognized that the people were oppressed by the magic-wielding nobility, who used their wielding of magic as a basis for their authority. If they lean towards the nobility, the people could grow uneasy and even start a rebellion. If they lean towards the people, however, the nobility had the resources to usurp the throne, which would also make things worse and could even lead to a bloody civil war.

Previous kings generally maintained the balance of interests by keeping the people pacified and the nobility happy to an extent, but Anis and Algard wanted to change this stalemate.

Both siblings strived to break the status quo: Anis by sharing the fundamentals of magic among the non-users (hence magicology and magic tools), and Algard by erasing magic as authoritative base entirely (hence his attempt at using vampiric mind control).

However, in her pursuit of sharing magic with the commoners, she 1) let go of her responsibility as royalty, and 2) aggravated the nobility on the opposition, since sharing magic with the commoners would take away the legitimacy of their power. The nobles who weren't opposed to her also couldn't defend her actions due to reason 1 above and the fact that she had no magic, even if they acknowledged her genius.

Algard, realizing he had neither the talent nor the skills of her sister (and being salty as all hell that she dumped the responsibility on his shoulders), decided to bruteforce his way to the solution by making the nobility bow to him entirely through vampiric mind control.

Dex-chan lover
Well, called it. Knew he was indeed living in the shadow of his sister and her being isekaied instead giving support, made him step in with more radical actions...

Can't say his actions were good, he used Lainie and wouldn't step in so drastically if it weren't for Anisphia intervention, if only one shared their actions more openly this would be settled down without open heart "surgery"...

Got to agree though, the nobility in fantasy worlds is usually like that, and let's be honest it's similar in our world with wealthy people, making them abandon their power over commoners won't be an easy task as they began to plot how to use magic tools to their bidding anyway as seen during the presentation...

Aggregator gang
Alright, i got to say, Algard does have a point, as a King he needs power, Anisphia is too naive with the tought of "changing the country" that cannot simple be done without the 'power' to back it up, don't get me wrong, clearly his methods are too extreme, however at the same time i can understand his motivations.

His sister magicology has always taken the spotlight, putting him down as if he was a good for nothing, however at the same time even her as Royalty was treated poorly due to her lack of magic, so if they treat Royalty like this, how about comonners and nobles ? It is an unfair system and he wish to correct it, his methods may be wrong but he raised a solid point, those in power never would like to let go of it.

He even gave solid arguments to how her "Magicology" was shunned due to fear, or how a rebellion had happened in the past; he even stated how he got forced in this situation, and yeah, for sure i agree with him in this part, if he gets the crown the way it is he will become nothing more then a puppet king.

This is like one of those Villains you can sympathize with, his methods were wrong ? Obviously, but you cannot deny that he do had some valid points, a monarchy isn't all sunshine and rainbows so you do need power to assert your authority, sad thing is, instead of attempting to acquire allies and gather political power he resulted to this.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
fuck it, king make rules, researcher provide foundation
can this two fucker just work together? like the sis make tools for magic, the bro educate people about the tools.
feels so dumb like this is just a case of like lil bro wanna toy but got no money then sis got money from (say) mommy but dont want to so she dump it to the bro, but mommy kinda be little mad and told lil bro that it's her money and he should try to earn it himself if he want some, bro irritated then throw tantrum like tf u want bruhh?

Dex-chan lover
I mean dude's kinda right, and sister isn't really doing herself any favors trying to rationalize her position at all. It's actually frustrating how much I actually agree with him.

Dex-chan lover
Another chapter another opportunity to shit on the anime. The manga shows more emotion between both side and the "talking" part isn't as boring. The anime really did make them talk like 5 minutes in the same pose and position, with utterly monotonous voices that only changed near the end of the convo. How do you fuck up this badly? I was looking forward for the anime to animate this, but of course you gotta cater towards lowest common denominators.

Tl;dr anime is a fucking mistake

fuck it, king make rules, researcher provide foundation
can this two fucker just work together? like the sis make tools for magic, the bro educate people about the tools.
feels so dumb like this is just a case of like lil bro wanna toy but got no money then sis got money from (say) mommy but dont want to so she dump it to the bro, but mommy kinda be little mad and told lil bro that it's her money and he should try to earn it himself if he want some, bro irritated then throw tantrum like tf u want bruhh?
The analogy is incomplete, even if the little bro have money/given money, it will only be taken away by bullies/mommy (read : influential nobles etc) because he is weak and left him so little he won't get to buy the toys he originally wanted, and worse the money might be used to things he don't like, like buying veggies. If the big sis got the money, lil bro assumes the money will be intact because she is strong, so why don't big sis just buy the toys for him instead. Meanwhile the big sis knows that dealing with the bullies are annoying so she doesn't want the money since she is happy without it.

Also, King doesn't make rules, he usually is only the final say. The one that propose rules are people on the high positions.

If people could understand that Euphie had no choice but becomes queen, then lil bro have no choice but to become King.

Double-page supporter
The analogy is incomplete, even if the little bro have money/given money, it will only be taken away by bullies/mommy (read : influential nobles etc) because he is weak and left him so little he won't get to buy the toys he originally wanted, and worse the money might be used to things he don't like, like buying veggies. If the big sis got the money, lil bro assumes the money will be intact because she is strong, so why don't big sis just buy the toys for him instead. Meanwhile the big sis knows that dealing with the bullies are annoying so she doesn't want the money since she is happy without it.

Also, King doesn't make rules, he usually is only the final say. The one that propose rules are people on the high positions.

If people could understand that Euphie had no choice but becomes queen, then lil bro have no choice but to become King.
Sorry, that time I don't really understood the politic in this manga, I thought people (in general) had some influent (like maybe 20-40%), also the expectation of him to be like her as she is hated by anybody else is kinda confusing, I thought it might just cuz she is a prodigy and everybody expect and want him to be one, as so I proposed to let these two to just work together. My view is that the lil bro (srry, forgot his name) take over and let the flow go, Anisphia is kinda hard headed to not becoming the queen, I am just mostly interested in the development of why the bro bear so much hatred toward her to the point of killing her, becoming like her to (possibly) be hated by the people and why he really want to control the kingdom, I've re-read it (ch 31-32) and still it feels like I kinda get his motive, as he sees the surrounding by short term thinking as "how to deal with it" but not to the point of "how to reclaim it". I think he is mostly blinded by the pressure builded up from long exposure with the higher nobles, just next (maybe 3) chapter I know that he is not supported by his parent in any way possible, just be let go without anybody but himself.
My understanding in the politic just clicked at that next chapter when he is with their parent and them seemingly shocked by the development of their children, now I know the true pressure of the high noble at the lil bro without any suppression from their parent. He is not threaten by the country, he is just threaten by the high nobles who hold power and is like a tumor to the country.
Also let me correct my dumb point "king make rules"
The thinking to that point at that time is like the king got access to all the higher ups and maybe, just maybe, make a meeting, convince them with growth and make the rules everybody agree up without a big loss in their sides. I still don't know how this current king do their things so I don't know the true pressure of the magic tradition. I thought it was just some people with big reach monopolizing magic theory as they like to keep their reputation with their moves unknown from the king.
I am just dumb af there, waited months and reading that chapter with some hazy memory of the previous plot XD

Users who are viewing this thread