The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
I want Euphie to find her inner Anis reckless tomboy and just run away with Anis
once Euphie is crowned, her first royal decree is invoking her personal Divine Authority of "Dibs" on Anis. Its hard to criticize your immortal queen for marrying her princess girlfriend when its through her own Divine Right she ascended the throne unlike her predecessors. It will only be "probably" 50-70 years of no heirs so as long as Euphie doesnt get murdered it will be fine - Immediately que Anis becoming a Vampire.

Dex-chan lover
In ILTV, it was basically scripted in to the world, and Rei had no power to prevent it.
Rei turned herself into the physical incarnation of Laplace's Demon to continue her romance with Claire. Bauer's Revolution, the French Revolution, the American Civil War are all things she "could" have written out of the loop.

Compared against her, Anis is an Archangel of Compassion.

Dex-chan lover
I think the anime did the best it reasonably could with the 12 episode limitation. And there are some great additions. I miss when seasons were 24-26 episodes. Having only 12 episodes to tell a story hurts so many adaptations, especially light novels which are paced in big book-sized chunks.
We still see those kinds of anime shows all the time. Each season has like 3+ of those shows. And even then there is shows like ''LVL 99 Villainess'' that gets a pretty good pacing that dedicated all 12 episodes to the first volume alone, yeah the ending got a bit rushed still but it was pretty good from a pacing point of view still.

Title drop, woo!

That said, I thought we were getting very close to the anime's ending but suddenly there's a tangent!

Dex-chan lover
It will only be "probably" 50-70 years of no heirs so as long as Euphie doesnt get murdered it will be fine - Immediately que Anis becoming a Vampire.
Is this part a spoiler or a joke? Cause I could see Anis doing that.

Aggregator gang
Imagine you're steeling yourself to do a very important thing and all the people around you either got angry at you for doing it or don't try to do anything to help lessen the burden for you, that sounds fcking horrible tbh.
They are unhappy because they know it's suicide. Anis becoming queen is the suicide for her because
  1. She is not a mage meaning that she can't rule by herself.
  2. She has to marry a man to rule.
  3. She is a lesbian.
  4. Whoever she will have to marry HAS TO BE a mage and 80% of mages hate her.
All of them including Anis know. And all of them also know that there are no other options as of now. So yeah, whne you know your friend is commiting suicide and there is nothing you can do, you would be unhappy too.

Aggregator gang
What they should do to help Anis instead of just fucking panicking and being angry at her is to have a conversation with her about what she wants to do, what can be done to the current situation to improve or fix it, what can they do to help her.
Except they can't. All of them know that her truest wish is NOT TO BE QUEEN which she is doing. And being queen is a suicide for her and they know that.
what she wants to do
She want to continue doing her magicology and being free aka not beoming queen
what can be done to the current situation to improve or fix it. , what can they do to help her.
As of their knowledge, nothing. All of them have too little political power to truly help Anis. Laine and Illya is maids and Tilty and Euphie has too little of political power to help Anis.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it funny that characters that are sold to you as "headstrong", are crumbling as soon as the situation is actually diffy?

"Oh no, we're at a disadvantage currently right this moment... Abandon ship! Drop the nuke!!"

This is just a forced situation, because the author wants to do their thing:
Turn Euphie into spirit, Anis into dragon and then let the political discourse run around that.

The novel being so heavily loaded with politics and character development basically stopping early on, shows one thing:
This was always written around the idea of Euphie and Anis having to do the drastic decisions and what that would look like politically in that world.

The comments being split so strongly just show that the author failed in packaging their ultimate story outcome desire in a satisfying manner. This might even be a Manga-Reader VS Novel-Reader discourse.

Many people don't like it when !all! Characters have given up and are dragging their feet. If you don't actually portray the situation grim enough, then setting of the nuke seems just weird and out of proportion.

If you just go by the manga, the story fails quite heavily in supporting Euphies upcoming decision.

If there is one thing I learned from Code Geass is that you use "Majesty" for kings/queens, and "Highness" for princes/princesses.
If there is one thing I've learned from Code Geass it's that you can't buy clothes from the soup store

Dex-chan lover
Is this part a spoiler or a joke? Cause I could see Anis doing that.
Spoiler, Book 5+6 has the First Vampire show up and Anis gets forcibly converted. so Spirit Contractor Euphilia and Vampire Anis rule Palettia for a 1000 year golden age. Also i believe Ilia gets converted by Lainie so the Royal Lesbian Bachlorette Pad always has the happy pairs.

Dex-chan lover
Me being born into privilege: FUCK YEAH!
Me when there are obligations that came with the privilege: Oh no! Poor me!

Dex-chan lover
Me being born into privilege: FUCK YEAH!
Me when there are obligations that came with the privilege: Oh no! Poor me!
Anis was an out of closet lesbian in her first life and outed herself in 2 years as a princess. She doesnt really care about being a princess (her life goals are Witch > Lesbian >= Happy Family > Princess)

Dex-chan lover
everyone's trying to hide their inner feelings while the vampire girl is playing the therapist

Dex-chan lover
Spoiler, Book 5+6 has the First Vampire show up and Anis gets forcibly converted. so Spirit Contractor Euphilia and Vampire Anis rule Palettia for a 1000 year golden age. Also i believe Ilia gets converted by Lainie so the Royal Lesbian Bachlorette Pad always has the happy pairs.
Sounds about right for this series

Dex-chan lover
Anis was an out of closet lesbian in her first life and outed herself in 2 years as a princess. She doesnt really care about being a princess (her life goals are Witch > Lesbian >= Happy Family > Princess)
She was born as a princess, she should do what is expected of her or run away and lose the privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread