The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

0ps

Nice. Engraving onto items to manifest magic, reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist.

Supporter
I absolutely loved chapter 4 and I am so looking forward to the next chapter. Thanks for all the hard work in translating and getting this to us

Aggregator gang
@Bistai: I'm afraid your memory is lacking somewhat. This chapter of the WN is FULL of Anne-Sophia's thoughts. We got this explanation from her perspective, after all.

@JeDePi:
Not so far as I've read or had spoiled for me. Her experiments and tools allow her to do lots of things, though, and have made her probably the powerful person in the kingdom, in terms of direct combat ability.

To start with, princess has a hypothesis not a theory. This hypothesis takes as a basis the existence of soul, which somewhat allows to explain magic logically. But what can be called a soul? As i understand it, the magic power could be felt by the multitude of people and cause some phenomena, therefore it exists. If it exists, it has to have a source. And that what can be called a soul, an innate source of human magic power.
With that magic power humans are able to connect and influence spirits, attracted to said power. Through spirits as mediums humans are able to cause phenomena, the nature of which are decided by spirit attribute.
Now we consider magic power a product of soul, but what is the nature of this very soul? Solving this problem calls for another question: Why is magic almost limited to nobles? It means that there are some factors connected with being born a noble that allow the usage of magic. If nobility is able to use magic from the very moment they are born, it most likely means that this factor or factors are hereditary. If not, these factors need further identifying, but we can exclude things that vary from noble to noble, and consider only the common. So as this ability is most likely passed down, we can assume ( if there were no previous cases ) that princess is unique to aristocracy. The only distinct trait of Anise, apart from her inability to use magic, is her memories of the last life, and from that we can make a connection between the two. We can't be sure what sort of connection it is, but apparently soul is related to person's past experiences and therefore personality. Unfortunately, we have too little information available, so we can't have a definite answer. But seeing as person can affect magic power by the use of chants and will, we can theorize that soul is indeed strongly linked with mind. According to this hypothesis, princess not being able to use magic maybe due to her mind being affected by memories of the past life. If we consider others who are able to use magic from birth, it may be inferred that it is because of their mind being unaffected by factors, which come from having past memories. To conclude, we can't determine these factors yet, but hypothesis about soul and magic being closely tied with mind certainly can explain many points.

@Madcat6204 you're right, that's my bad. Though, I would criticize the LN for that as well. I think the series works better when the novels don't show her thoughts.

Anyway, my other point does still stand though.

@Podi125 Yeah, i don't understand why it have to be corpses. This hypothesis doesn't really have any logical basis, and provides explanation which can easily be derived from other assumptions. Personally, from given info, i would have thought that it is spirits magic power materialized the way humans can materialize magic in form of spells, and this reaction happens because instead of humans spirits get in contact with other spirits( therefore stones are found in places where many spirits gather ).

feels like ive just studied some magic stuff...xD
thanks for the translations

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation! As soon as she said that the stones were corpses, I thought she was about to say she had figured out how to make powerful stones and magic tools by killing spirits lol. It would basically be blasphemy for them.

Dex-chan lover
This is surely going to start a shitstorm if it ever reaches the religious masses.

Users who are viewing this thread