Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Ch. 55 - Gungnir

Dex-chan lover
Well for normal people, no. But Gungnir was already a psycho, and with his multiple lives and him thinking this life is a throwaway before he starts his "real" life, was enough to for him to convince himself that this reality is just a game.

This story utilizes the 101 reincarnated individuals to explore how different people cope with experiencing multiple lives/deaths. Some think of all of their lives as being one continued existence, some want to put the past behind them and live their new life to the fullest, and some completely lose grip on what is "real," etc.
You can lose grip on what is real without assuming it's a game though.
Like he could have assumed it was a dream, an artificial world, maybe even one made for him as a sandbox, or that the ppl there are puppets of that god, or that it is any number of other "fake" world. But instead he decided on the thing that he had absolutely no basis to think it is (and all the reasons to think it isn't, whatwith literally just having met a god and had him reincarnate him into a world), a game made using overtech in his original world and no memories of actually wearing the hardware etc.?

Dex-chan lover
I think he did rape her in the wn and then proceeded to burn her body afterwards. not too sure though, been a good minute since i last read it.

I’m glad they took that out frankly. No point to it. He’s enough of an evil asshole without it. I hope Van kicks his ass soon and repeatedly.

Dex-chan lover
The so-called god here is the biggest f... up around.

He messed up once. An accident, it happens, but he doesn't even try to correct course.
His victim comes back, he decides to double-down by adding a curse.
His victim takes revenge on his mother's killers, he decides to triple-down by sending an indiscriminate mass murderer.
(Vandalieu does kill a lot, but it's never indiscriminate. It's always revenge or self-defense. So far at least. Even when you account for his previous life in Origin, his rampage was justified by his lifetime of torture and experimentations.)

(Edit: I do remember one thing that Vandalieu did that is worse than indiscriminate mass-murder, at least in the eyes of the crazy god. He didn't just kill, he erased a few souls. Still feels like trying to crush a bug with a bulldozer: way too big of a tool, and way too inefficient even if you don't care about collateral damage.)

Gungnir-boy is messed in the head, but he's human. He's a broken individual, but his reach would be limited without the gifts and mission from the pretend god. He deserves real punishment eventually, but the responsibility must go up the chain.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The moment when you asked to play TES, but given Dark Souls instead, of course with permanent invasion.
I'm betting that Heinz will fight with Van to kill this genocidal maniac who wants it to be a game. Heinz will sacrifice himself which is what will get him forgiven for needlessly killing the mom
Heinz too strong for both Van and Gungnir. He capable of killing them both before they can react. On top of it he having plot armor on par with most MCs (he's Alda's chosen hero after all).
He will die only at the end of the novel challenging Van into final 'duel' (Joker from Arkham City "me and this guys")
So he can make objects pass though him. How about we fling dirt at him, if we make dirt pass though him he’ll fall though the ground and burry himself.
That... is actually a really good idea honestly, nice thinking outside the box!
This is one of his actual weaknesses, that being explained in novel, along with oxygen and one other that being exploited to kill him.
The so-called god here is the biggest f... up around.

He messed up once. An accident, it happens, but he doesn't even try to correct course.
His victim comes back, he decides to double-down by adding a curse.
His victim takes revenge on his mother's killers, he decides to triple-down by sending an indiscriminate mass murderer.
(Vandalieu does kill a lot, but it's never indiscriminate. It's always revenge or self-defense. So far at least. Even when you account for his previous life in Lambda, his rampage was justified by his lifetime of torture and experimentations.)

Gungnir-boy is messed in the head, but he's human. He's a broken individual, but his reach would be limited without the gifts and mission from the pretend god. He deserves real punishment eventually, but the responsibility must go up the chain.
And the list is continued. He will f... up even bigger in the future, so much it actually finally byte his ass.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is one of his actual weaknesses, that being explained in novel, along with oxygen and one other that being exploited to kill him.
Honestly, this ability is strong in theory, but full of weaknesses in practice.

Starting with the fact that he has to actively define targets.

This is vulnerable to surprise attacks or attacks that he can't identify in time. Magic with no visible effect for example, or poisons, diseases and more. Even if can purge those that have a direct and non-immediate effect, some poisons and diseases can affect your judgement or thinking processes, making it difficult to define targets, verbally or mentally. And some poisons only leave you with a few seconds to react.
Then there are long falls, secondary effects (fire burning the oxygen around you)...

Seriously, direct physical types would have a problem with him (though even they still have the option of surprise attack), but most types of magic casters would have some options if they're smart enough.

This is definitely an ability that loses a lot of potential once it is known to his opponents.

Dex-chan lover
Having read the WL I would like to say both, but in the end he is just a pure evil char, there really isnt anything to sugercoat it. He will do even worse things than he just did. Even if you 100% believe its a game, what makes you behave like this in a game in the first place? Especially if the gfx and sound effects are so realistic and you even get sensoric feedback...
You'd have to lack morals in the real world entirely. I can't even do that kind of shit in games. I had to beat skyrim over 10 times before i did anything resembling that. Any new game I still act as moral as possible.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this ability is strong in theory, but full of weaknesses in practice.

Starting with the fact that he has to actively define targets.

This is vulnerable to surprise attacks or attacks that he can't identify in time. Magic with no visible effect for example, or poisons, diseases and more. Even if can purge those that have a direct and non-immediate effect, some poisons and diseases can affect your judgement or thinking processes, making it difficult to define targets, verbally or mentally. And some poisons only leave you with a few seconds to react.
Then there are long falls, secondary effects (fire burning the oxygen around you)...

Seriously, direct physical types would have a problem with him (though even they still have the option of surprise attack), but most types of magic casters would have some options if they're smart enough.

This is definitely an ability that loses a lot of potential once it is known to his opponents.
Indeed, and most of the weaknesses that you mentioned are used against him. sadly he was given 'death-attribute resistance' skill so poison and diseases are less effective. And for the other ones (pivotal in his defeat)
Van and ghost used spirit form (the bird and many hands) against him (cause if he try to defend against it he will suicides) as of means to bind and attack, and sound as well (since he cant use magic if try to defend). Interestingly enough sweat and saliva isn't part of body, (body secrets it continuously) so if you turn it into a poison and ask an invisible water mage little help you can poison target even in close courters.
Even if your attack can pass thru obstacles its futile if you cant see where a target (he was using scopes with infrared scanners or similar equipment).

Aggregator gang
You can lose grip on what is real without assuming it's a game though.
Like he could have assumed it was a dream, an artificial world, maybe even one made for him as a sandbox, or that the ppl there are puppets of that god, or that it is any number of other "fake" world. But instead he decided on the thing that he had absolutely no basis to think it is (and all the reasons to think it isn't, whatwith literally just having met a god and had him reincarnate him into a world), a game made using overtech in his original world and no memories of actually wearing the hardware etc.?
He is basically using this "fake" life to live out some sort of role-playing fantasy and the game-like nature of the world helps facilitate this.

Iirc, he already had protagonist syndrome from his first life, and he died before he grew out of it. This grew into a mental illness/psychopathy during his life in Origin and he already started on the path of criminal behavior (selling organs and abusing power) prior to his second death.

If you are still hung up on this, I suggest you just read the WN, Gungnir's mentality is spelled out fairly elaborately because he is such an outlier and, although he is a minor part of the plot, he gives Van a horrible first impression of the reincarnators.

Edit: deleted 2 sentences of misinformation due to poor memory

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You are confusing "thinking of reality as a game" with "believing reality IS a game." He does not actually think that he is in some elaborate virtual reality, he just thinks of his third life as a game to entertain him until he reaches his real [fourth] life. He is basically using this "fake" life to live out some sort of role-playing fantasy and the game-like nature of the world helps facilitate this.

Iirc, he already had protagonist syndrome from his first life, and he died before he grew out of it. This grew into a mental illness/psychopathy during his life in Origin and he already started on the path of criminal behavior (selling organs and abusing power) prior to his second death.

If you are still hung up on this, I suggest you just read the WN, Gungnir's mentality is spelled out fairly elaborately because he is such an outlier and, although he is a minor part of the plot, he gives Van a horrible first impression of the reincarnators.
No, his dialogue in this chapter made it very clear he thought it was an actual game, and the ppl were just poorly coded ai npc's.

Aggregator gang
No, his dialogue in this chapter made it very clear he thought it was an actual game, and the ppl were just poorly coded ai npc's.
Ah, my bad, I skimmed the chapter cuz I hate his character. Anyway, ignore my two sentences then (I'll also edit it).

The rest of the stuff is valid. To summarize, he already had protagonist syndrome when he died as a middle schooler on Earth. In Origin, he started displaying psychopathic behavior. His second death "broke" him and he truly believes that he is the main character and this life is just a game to entertain him until he starts his true life in the next world.

View WN if you want more elaboration.

Double-page supporter
Knows entirely that it's an actual world and everyone's alive.

Also is somehow thinking it's a game he's playing.

Alright then.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this guy your basic-bitch lunatic or does he actually think this is a video game/something?
I'm just triggered in particular by people being absolute shitbags and laughing it off by saying they were just playing around.
The way he's speaking, he seems to legit think it's all a game.

Dex-chan lover
So he can make objects pass though him. How about we fling dirt at him, if we make dirt pass though him he’ll fall though the ground and burry himself.

You jest, but that would actually be a pretty genius idea to trick him.

He seems like the guy who loses his cool when things don't go his way, so he'll probably accidentally disable the skill while he's in the dirt and suffocate himself.

Honestly, if I were ever in a bunch of reincarnators and found out some of them acted like this, I would absolutely take my time to hunt them down in every single world I end up in.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It’s going to feel so good reading that c*** get his comeuppance. My money is on Van taking his skills and magic and then destroying the soul so he can’t be reincarnated by that shity god.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, with this timing of events in the few chapters, I seculate that the hero who killed MC's mother will help MC deal with this new guy, maybe after MC has trouble or loses followers to new guy, then MC will forgive the hero.

Users who are viewing this thread