Anemone is in Heat - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
cf70038f7872a9ab88a851885c77165e.gif

Everything is coming to a head.​

Dex-chan lover
It's annoying that this is being spun as Nanjou being selfish even though the entire situation is predicated on Riri being unable to take "no" for an answer and continuing to push something after already being rejected. But no, Riri is the real victim because her love is just so strong and pure.

And now that she's been rejected she gets to be rewarded for her shitty behavior while Uda gets reduced to being happy as a consolation prize because this is manga and if something has been shipped then it's the end game no matter what even if the actual subsequent developments make it completely unpalatable.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I seriously can't find myself rooting for Riri. The only reason I'm not out rightly hating her is because Uda likes her (even if I think Uda deserves so much better).

As for Nanjou and the nurse, hopefully graduation can move along for the two of them, and they can hurry up and get together or whatever they plan on doing; so we can focus back on the main duo, Nagisa and Mashiro (I've missed them).

Dex-chan lover
This whole sub plot has felt for the most part unnecessary, and I've felt disconnected to it. To top it off a lot of this sub plot has felt mostly forced, and is more of just drama for drama's sake. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least Riri finally seems to realize she's been "a bit unreasonable." On the other hand it's not surprising or unreasonable that Nanjou didn't want to just ghost Riri despite the latter's more-than-friends agenda, but not doing so... well, it can indeed end up bothersome like this too. Just gotta hope Riri can finally move on, and without using Uda as a rebound in a way that just ends up hurting both again. Riri should definitely "cool down" first, and hopefully Uda realizes that too.

Dex-chan lover
My issue with the teacher x student thing is that they don't have any conflict between them beyond the waiting. And even the waiting has an exact end date. There is no real stress there. So of course the conflict has to be Riri repeatedly doing the same uncomfortable thing over and over and never learning. With Uda becoming a mini-Riri doing the same thing to her. None of this conflict is particularly spicy or entertaining even though the situation itself could be full of that. Stacking up one-way traffic love interest is certainly a choice.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

Okay so, The Nurse should have 100% come down on her and told affirmed she was being selfish with both Riri and her. Problem is, she didn't. Probably because she wants to keep Nanjou's head in the clouds so she will still be easy to groom that way.
And then there is Riri who was suffering from her own teenage brain and not taking the hint. Finally, she will hopefully see that she should just stay out of that whole mess of a scandal. Poor Uda having to wait for this traffic jam of a love triangle to move along only to be the rebound.
It sucks. The series started as a genuine high school yuri drama. Somewhere along the lines in this arc though, my cynicism kicked in and now I can't see this as anything other than a collapsing tower.

Edit: WOW, you guys. Get help and stay away from minors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread