Anemone is in Heat - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

Okay so, The Nurse should have 100% come down on her and told affirmed she was being selfish with both Riri and her. Problem is, she didn't. Probably because she wants to keep Nanjou's head in the clouds so she will still be easy to groom that way.
And then there is Riri who was suffering from her own teenage brain and not taking the hint. Finally, she will hopefully see that she should just stay out of that whole mess of a scandal. Poor Uda having to wait for this traffic jam of a love triangle to move along only to be the rebound.
It sucks. The series started as a genuine high school yuri drama. Somewhere along the lines in this arc though, my cynicism kicked in and now I can't see this as anything other than a collapsing tower.
Bruh the nurse has had as little interaction with Nanjou as she could, most if not all of the time it was Nanjou the one starting the interactions

Dex-chan lover
Why is the nurse acting like nanjou isn't very clearly in the wrong. She was very clearly pulling riri by the nose for a year, toying with her heart, and you're not gonna scold her for that? "But Riri should've stopped after the first rejection" yeah you're right, but the fact that she didn't means that nanjou didn't get through to her, and needed to be more firm, instead she just let her live up her delusions. Terrible friend. She only put her foot down because her crush told her to.
You mean that a when a you girl tell a dude that she is not in love she dont want to be a couple and just be friend, she is in the wrong when said dude become a creep, follow her everywhere and act as if they where in couple and throw a tantrum when he get reminded that she dont love him?
Everyone would've find riri to be an abolute creep if she was a dude, but since it's a girl you act as if she was a victim? A creep is a creep.

Riri played with Uda's feeling. She knew that Uda loved her and waited for her to final take the courage to tell her felling to reject her, but she is not in the wrong for you?

Dex-chan lover
but, if it was ok for Nanjou to keep pursuing Sensei, why should it be a fault that Riri kept pursuing Nanjou?
Because the nurse was not in love with someone else and only rejected Nanju because of the age difference? All Nanjou needed to do was to seduce the nurse and then wait to be old enouth to get her waifu.
But on the other hand Riri was trying to get someone who was not intrestead and was in love with someone else. For Riri to get Nanjou, she would have needed for Nanju to be rejected and then utilise the fact that she was her to seduce her. That's fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
Because the nurse was not in love with someone else and only rejected Nanju because of the age difference? All Nanjou needed to do was to seduce the nurse and then wait to be old enouth to get her waifu.
But on the other hand Riri was trying to get someone who was not intrestead and was in love with someone else. For Riri to get Nanjou, she would have needed for Nanju to be rejected and then utilise the fact that she was her to seduce her. That's fucked up.
But as I said, in Riri's eyes, only Nanjou had feelings...so she hoped on the possibility that her crush changed her mind. It's normal to think (or act) like that when you're in love....you want to be the special one rather than a third person.
I'm not saying Riri is "the victim"...there's no victim here, just a weird love situation.
If it was, it means it's also fucked up for Nanjou to love the teacher, as she would place her in a bad spot (an adult and a minor/student....even if not for much more), it's also fucked up for Uda to love Riri, as she wants Nanjou.
I was just saying that, in love, it's normal to act stupid in trying to get your crush and that should not be criticized.

People dislike her because being romantically involved with a student is gross to a lot of people.
Especially if you work at a school or have interactions with children on a day to day basis.
I get that liking taboo romances is a thing but it's shocking that this needs to be explained.

Group Leader
The story is treating the teacher as a moral authority, but she's kinda shitty at it. I don't know, kinda hoping this plotline can end so I never have to see her again.
I wholeheartedly agree. The teacher is acting smug 24/7 while being a shit person and giving awful advice. Even her whole speech this chapter was basically "Yeah be a dick as much as you want because it's your life lmaoo." I genuinely don't understand how Nanjou could ever fall for her. I'd stay away from the infirmary even if I was coughing up blood.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter

Okay so, The Nurse should have 100% come down on her and told affirmed she was being selfish with both Riri and her. Problem is, she didn't. Probably because she wants to keep Nanjou's head in the clouds so she will still be easy to groom that way.
And then there is Riri who was suffering from her own teenage brain and not taking the hint. Finally, she will hopefully see that she should just stay out of that whole mess of a scandal. Poor Uda having to wait for this traffic jam of a love triangle to move along only to be the rebound.
It sucks. The series started as a genuine high school yuri drama. Somewhere along the lines in this arc though, my cynicism kicked in and now I can't see this as anything other than a collapsing tower.
grooming isn't so bad tho

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there is a good lesson to be learned here about in some situations there are only bad choices but what sensei said is absolutely not that lmao

Bruh the nurse has had as little interaction with Nanjou as she could, most if not all of the time it was Nanjou the one starting the interactions
I'm very uninterested in arguing about this especially after seeing how firmly people want to believe the nurse is an innocent party, but she's definitely in the wrong. She's the adult, it's her responsibility to set boundaries with minors. The second she caught wind of Nanjou's feelings, she should have shut it down and told Nanjou to keep away from her unless she actually needed her help as a nurse. By not doing any of that, she still strung Nanjou along and remained fully complicit. Tons of media like to have the minor chasing after the adult to make it look less creepy, but if the adult does nothing about it, it's essentially just saying they enjoy being chased by a kid therefore it's still beyond creepy. It's not all on the nurse of course because Nanjou should have stopped pursuing her and crossing her boundaries a long time ago, but again, adults still have a responsibility and the nurse absolutely failed at hers. And yes, I know it's just a manga and overall, I don't care that much about a story I can just stop reading so please don't bother with the "it's just fiction, stop taking it so seriously, blah blah" I just wanted to give my two cents on why pretending the nurse did nothing wrong is an extremely weak argument.

Dex-chan lover
I'm very uninterested in arguing about this especially after seeing how firmly people want to believe the nurse is an innocent party, but she's definitely in the wrong. She's the adult, it's her responsibility to set boundaries with minors. The second she caught wind of Nanjou's feelings, she should have shut it down and told Nanjou to keep away from her unless she actually needed her help as a nurse. By not doing any of that, she still strung Nanjou along and remained fully complicit. Tons of media like to have the minor chasing after the adult to make it look less creepy, but if the adult does nothing about it, it's essentially just saying they enjoy being chased by a kid therefore it's still beyond creepy. It's not all on the nurse of course because Nanjou should have stopped pursuing her and crossing her boundaries a long time ago, but again, adults still have a responsibility and the nurse absolutely failed at hers. And yes, I know it's just a manga and overall, I don't care that much about a story I can just stop reading so please don't bother with the "it's just fiction, stop taking it so seriously, blah blah" I just wanted to give my two cents on why pretending the nurse did nothing wrong is an extremely weak argument.
Even if she did somethong wrong, their relation is still cute

Dex-chan lover

THANK YOU. Really a shame that there are likely adults here that need it explained to them that minors can't consent. Liking age gap or taboo romances are one thing, but people being so ready to die on this hill is creepy af.

Dex-chan lover
THANK YOU. Really a shame that there are likely adults here that need it explained to them that minors can't consent. Liking age gap or taboo romances are one thing, but people being so ready to die on this hill is creepy af.
At the current time in the manga Nanjou isn't a minor anymore (well, admittedly that's an assumption, but to my understanding generally you're already 18 when you graduate high school in Japan, and some can even be closer to 19). Should the teacher have "shut her down" in the past? Most likely yeah when applying real life standards, but at the same time it's not like anything illegal happened either. Folks call this grooming when it's basically the exact opposite - the word is so misused most of the time that it's not even remotely meaningful anymore. You can't exactly "groom" someone who's single-mindedly pursuing you from the start. Even if she should've cut off any contact but didn't doesn't make it grooming which is an active method of sexual predation. This not being that doesn't make them the most wholesome duo in the history of romance fiction, sure, but neither is it automatically super-disgusting the way many people call it.

I don't have a personal horse in the race (so to speak) as far as real life relationships go but it's not really about dying on this particular hill either - it's about a wider perspective in general which is something many people lack on any given topic. After all lot of things about romance are just a matter of perspective and a gray scale rather than black and white. If pointing that out is creepy, I suppose so be it. But people instantly labeling things they don't personally agree or identify with as disgusting is how we get homophobes and suchlike too. People like judging other people. And don't get me wrong, I entirely agree that children should be protected from adult "sexual predation." But this relationship as presented in this story really doesn't qualify as such to me. Gray area morally, granted, but not predation (except by Nanjou, I guess). And at least for me personally that's what I object to when I see these criticisms; basically people not even understanding the situation properly.

And yet at the end of the day... we all here could keep discussing it 'til the heat death of the universe and it wouldn't make one bit of difference, because everyone's firmly made up their minds long before the discussion started.

Dex-chan lover
At the current time in the manga Nanjou isn't a minor anymore (well, admittedly that's an assumption, but to my understanding generally you're already 18 when you graduate high school in Japan, and some can even be closer to 19). Should the teacher have "shut her down" in the past? Most likely yeah when applying real life standards, but at the same time it's not like anything illegal happened either. Folks call this grooming when it's basically the exact opposite - the word is so misused most of the time that it's not even remotely meaningful anymore. You can't exactly "groom" someone who's single-mindedly pursuing you from the start. Even if she should've cut off any contact but didn't doesn't make it grooming which is an active method of sexual predation. This not being that doesn't make them the most wholesome duo in the history of romance fiction, sure, but neither is it automatically super-disgusting the way many people call it.

I don't have a personal horse in the race (so to speak) as far as real life relationships go but it's not really about dying on this particular hill either - it's about a wider perspective in general which is something many people lack on any given topic. After all lot of things about romance are just a matter of perspective and a gray scale rather than black and white. If pointing that out is creepy, I suppose so be it. But people instantly labeling things they don't personally agree or identify with as disgusting is how we get homophobes and suchlike too. People like judging other people. And don't get me wrong, I entirely agree that children should be protected from adult "sexual predation." But this relationship as presented in this story really doesn't qualify as such to me. Gray area morally, granted, but not predation (except by Nanjou, I guess). And at least for me personally that's what I object to when I see these criticisms; basically people not even understanding the situation properly.

And yet at the end of the day... we all here could keep discussing it 'til the heat death of the universe and it wouldn't make one bit of difference, because everyone's firmly made up their minds long before the discussion started.

That is a lot of words to basically say nothing meaningful except giving excuses for the situation. It's textbook grooming. Accept this and meditate more about why you care so eerily much about it.

Aside from the whole student nurse relationship, this whole arc has just been so boring. Like the only parts of this volume I really enjoyed were the brief bits with the main couple.
It would have honestly been more interesting if the nurse wasn't interested in her back or if she didn't obviously return her feelings.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from the whole student nurse relationship, this whole arc has just been so boring. Like the only parts of this volume I really enjoyed were the brief bits with the main couple.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprise if anyone found most of the relationships, outside the main couple, to be boring. Personally speaking, the only characters that I actually like in this manga are the main couple Nagisa and Mashiro, as well as Uda. Everyone else I'm either indifferent to, or mostly annoyed with (like Riri). I think a reason as to why I like the main couple (beyond the fact that they're the protagonists) is mostly due to how well fleshed out their relationship is (especially when we saw how it grew firsthand); this coupled with how well they synergize with one another makes it hard to not root for them. Even when they had their hiccups (Mashiro trying to show Nagisa how upset she was by giving her the silent treatment, as well as finding out the truth about Nagisa and feeling hurt about it as she believed that she held Nagisa back from her dream and potential); it was still worth seeing as those hiccups greatly helped progress their relationship and allowed the two of them to blossom, not just as a couple but also as their own individuals.

Since most of the other characters haven't had such developments (whether their in a relationship or not), they tend to fall short whenever they appear and their relationship drama rarely has any appeal regardless of the amount of backstory that's given. But again, that's understandable to an extent as they're not the main characters of the story, and if I had to choose between giving them development as opposed to our main couple; I'd choose the latter every time.

Dex-chan lover
That is a lot of words to basically say nothing meaningful except giving excuses for the situation. It's textbook grooming. Accept this and meditate more about why you care so eerily much about it.
You wanna call this "textbook" grooming, fine, I can't really stop you. But at no point have I seen the teacher actively manipulate a non-adult Nanjou in a sinister manner with the aim of sexually molesting/abusing her. Intent matters. If that was her aim from the start, she could've done the deed a looong time ago (actual sick perverts wouldn't generally hold back). It's not like Nanjou was gonna stop her; quite the opposite. The teacher's failure would be similar to Nanjou's own with Riri - setting boundaries. That alone doesn't a monster make.

And contrary to your insinuations I'm quite self-aware of my reasons and those do not include wanting to molest children or allowing others to do so. Actual child molesters should be thrown into an active volcano.

Ahh, i think this side story will take 2 chapters or more, well it's not that bad, but i was waiting 1 month just for mashiro and nagisa !!!!!!!!

Fed-Kun's army
I just don't care about the student council president and the nurse. Uda is nice but I'm so ready for the story to move on from this plot line.

Users who are viewing this thread