Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 5 Ch. 106 - That girl’s damn wild -- Epilogue

Fed-Kun's army
Su Luxia over here spitting straight facts. Too many people have a weirdly fucked up view of love; that if someone is in love with you you owe them something. Male MC got everything he deserved for his own arrogance and hubris. Also fuck the authors that write those kind of novels; they're spreading fucked up abusive ideas about what love is like.
This series is sooo good for calling them out.

I feel baaadd.....
But I get her point of view as well and if she did forgive him, I wouldn't like Su Luxia as much

Dex-chan lover
maybe soon we'll get to see what kind of existence agent su is that she pops around inside stories but knows about authors and wants to kill them?

that fucking chat at the end is the best

I feel like the ML got the perfect punishment. He's the one torturing himself being hung up on a girl that he once gave a could shoulder to. On all the other arcs Luxia made the other guys lives a mess but on this one she just left him on his own basically. ML he's just getting a taste of his own medicine, he led original Su Luxia on and when she just wanted a word of comfort he told her to go ahead and die. It fits him.

God damn, at first I thought this was just going to be a lame/generic webcomic but with the mc talking about her goals, not actually feeling sorry for the "pitiful" male lead and not forgiving everything I feel so good. The pacing is sort of a mess and lots of things get omitted but I'm glad that it took us so many worlds and an actual "pitiful" ml for her to reveal her goal. This has definitely become one of my favourites, hope author lets mc stays true to her character.

Double-page supporter
@comedyxtragedy Her reasons are obvious, his actions are untenable, her reducing people to objects in the name of justice is the problem.

@Darkmint13 Exactly. You have those webtoons, mangas, novels, etc etc all aimed at teens giving them this idea that mistreatment, abuse, and sexual abuse should be the ideal for a relationship. Like I get that its all fiction and what not, but I can't stand the rape/torture/abuse fetish some of these authors and artists have. The fl can be beaten to near death, or death in some examples, by the ml and she'll still go on to forgive, defend, and love him with no justification needed. Then you read fan comments and all the girls reading go crazy for it idolizing how "posessive" the ml is or how "hot" the author depicted him. Its wild and I'll never understand the people who make or actively like those types of work.

@ROOR21ROO
I got a bit rambly, so I put the bulk under the spoiler tab.
Now that I think about it, there was this webtoon called Miss Guillotine that played with that idea about the characters being pardoned for doing terrible things just because of their beauty.
Right. While it's easy to say that it's just fiction, it's also necessary to understand that fiction can still have a hand in shaping a person's mentality. It's similar to the issue with young girls being obsessed about their physical appearance due to seeing so many photoshopped models.
As of late, I've had an extremely hard time finding novels that don't fall into this trope. It makes me think whether this kind of treatment is really starting to get normalized or if it's just being excused because the ML is good looking enough. I once complained about it and had someone get angry at me saying that love isn't all rainbows and butterflies. Although that statement may be true, I'm at a loss of what to think if blatant abuse is being treated to be on the same level as a simple argument. It's worse since most of these novels are targeting teens who will be easily influenced by it. Since, yeah, I get that are going to be adults who might find amusement in it for the sake of the fictional thrill or something while knowing full well that that's only acceptable in the fictional realm. It isn't a good model to be portraying to teens who are still experimenting and learning what romance is.

To be honest, I felt bad for Min Mingze because in the end he really loved her. Him turning a blind eye to bullying was a big mistake, he should've rejected her in a proper way. But, I felt like the secondary character that committed suicide was also delusional. She was brave enough to stand up for Mingze, but he didn't. In the end, all of those characters were toxic.

Contributor
@pickyroyaltea
Think about the fact that old japanese shoujo manga relied a lot on that. Also, have you read Amahara's World of Moral Reversal (warning: NSFW)?

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous Then this brought to the next argument where MC said he is pitiful, a work of ML who is being thrown into thrashy story, abandoning his family (poor little sis). She even stated if ML rejected the original Su Luxia properly, the ending might be different. How she treats the ML always depends on how the ML developed.

The rare case is the socialite arc where the ML realized he was wrong and our MC didn't bother to punish him more. Even helped him by returning the residence back.

Users who are viewing this thread