Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 10 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
@Hjek098 on page 17 "I'll apply haste on your majesty at last." Should that be "at least"?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the great translation as always.
He's casting Haste as his last test of the ring, before the King can let loose, so it's not "at least" here.

Dex-chan lover
Oh where are you getting these terms and power levels from? Are they in the light or web novel?
No? Maybe? Haven't read them so can't say.
But if you are asking where I got the matchups from: that stuff is common sense/standardized - if knight commanders could win over a demon king then hero-parties wouldn't even have been needed.

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoy how the writter did glenn. He really went from a character i hated to one of my fav.

On page 2: "Well, the Elves' archery are really amazing."
Depending on what was actually said in the original Japanese, I guess one of the two following options would be better English:
1: "Well, the Elves' archery is really amazing."
2: "Well, the Elves' archers are really amazing."

One of the rare cases of errors (I think it is an error, English is not my native language, but the original translation sounds wrong for me). Your MTL reads more fluently than many translations done by big groups. You're good.

Dex-chan lover
Watching the King and Dylan completely stomp the Demon Kings was great.
You don't get into a land war in Asia, you don't go up against a Sicilian with life on the line, and you definitely don't try to manhandle the warrior king that has been solo fighting dragons for sport.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to do that, but I just couldn't find a way to make it sound natural. I don't think there's an actual English equivalent to yokkorashotto. Heave-ho doesn't cut it for me. I don't think you say heave-ho when getting off of a horse (although I've never been on one (I rode on a camel once tho)). Pretty sure most people would just do a grunt and that's still a challenge putting into words.

I'm open to suggestion tho. "One and two" "badabing-badaboom" (some grunting noise)
About ending notes, I think Yokkoro-Shotta seems to be exactly like "Heave-Ho" - a beginning to warn 'here it comes' and then the grunt-yell of actual effort. Swedish uses "Ååå-Hej" for the same deal.
And ropes are a very good way to distribute heavy efforts, and being sailing cultures NW Europe made a lot of ropes, so would use them many places.

Meanwhile Yoisho seems to be more of a continued effort, so would be more like "Hup hup hup" or "Hut hut hut" in English? (Or sometimes just "Heave" several times, if it's really heavy and you're going slow at it)

Usually "because they are cute girls" is the only motivation you get from your average mangaka...

Als, "they were hard to finish off": have you tried using the blade of your swords, instead of the pommel, your feet or the broad side of your shield? It looked like they were deliberately trying NOT to kill them...
Remember, the magicians were also observing and experimenting back there. Murking them on first contact (when it's clear they couldn't even make the Knight Commander break a sweat) would get in the way of gathering valuable intel, wouldn't it?

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, they're sending an entire platoon of demon kings?

That is not just a few wanderers slipping through. That is an invasion force.

Exorcise the daemons.

Users who are viewing this thread