Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22

Ngl, this shit absolutely beautiful, astonishingly beautiful, she died in his arms confessing her love and knowing how much she meant for him, some isekais really do hit different

Dex-chan lover
The beauty and dread of love.

Back then during the first time they meet, I screamed, why Aesir, she loved you... It's obvious! But then I realised the grave consequences of being a high-elf, and the differences of feelings between the two races. Indeed human lifespan is nothing but a fleeting moment in the eyes of a true immortal, and that makes Aesir doesn't want to have any romantic feelings towards anyone...

The complexity of love. The brave would let go and keeping the memories, while the otherwise would do anything to be with their loved ones, even the taboo acts, like a story I forgot the name.

Dex-chan lover
A single step starts the journey to a thousand, and after that ten thousand, and after that - forevermore.

You'll be missed, Kaeha. Whether with tears or without, it remains the same. Rest well.

Dex-chan lover
FUCK.

I really can't claim that ninjas are cutting onions, because the mangaka deserves the tribute, the offering, of my emotions. They really worked hard on this, and they did it right.
They have my thanks for actually touching my heart.
Really, though... this food is so salty now, dammit.... what a terrible day for rain...

This really hits different over the age of 45, though; I've lost enough close friends now to be able to feel the depth of this story.
I wonder if I could have understood this in my 20s? (Me, not other people; individual experiences may vary)
I sure get it, now.

10/10

Dex-chan lover
Something I noticed on a re-read that I skipped over is Kaeha refusing the fruit on page 30 seemingly after Aesir described it's rejuvenating properties. It was clear at this point she didn't want her love for Aesir to weigh him down too long. I've seen comments of Aesir finding a way to keep her alive longer, but I think the problem is that no method would keep her healthy and youthful NEARLY as long as Aesir who lives longer than normal elves and becomes a spirit after death. And Kaeha was so self aware how tragic her love was which made it even more heartbreaking. She didn't want temporary solutions that would just mean she'd burden Aesir's life. In an ideal world they'd get to walk as equals, but we're not reading that story.

Whats also interesting is she had a tiny amount right before she died, perhaps to gain the strength to show her form one last time, but I wonder if she just wanted to taste Aesir's world (a fruit of the high elves) one time before death.

Contributor
So he isn't going to Noona that was akin to his mother or older sister...

Also really really hoped mc would travel with Kaeha atleast for a bit... I truly hope she will return one day to him...

Dex-chan lover
F*ck!!! This is why I hate series like these. It's so depressing!!! Why is this series so good!?! If it were just trash, I could drop it and not have to feel like this... T.T

Users who are viewing this thread