Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Keika Group's 50th Anniversary Party

Dex-chan lover
Adults are dirty.........

And our Male lead debut too(I really hope he isn't)

Last edited:
Thanks for the chapter!

Since we are all interested in the best translation possible however, I'd like to point out some mistakes.
On page 11 there's a typo in the middle lower text box. It should be "stirs", not "stir,s".
Also it would've been nice if you translated the text above Runa's head on page 12. Even if it was in the t\n at the end.
And I think Runa's wondering whether her Nii-san is betrothed already and not whether she herself is, on page 18. At least I think that's how it was in the novels.
Lastly, on page 22 it should be "an interesting girl" not "a interesting girl".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Another chapter! Yay for a good day!

So we finally arrived at "Why my Hair is Blonde"

We also started out with Runa's big social debut/reveal (which wasn't overly emphasized) at the "Family Meeting".

Hmn. Overall, there is a lot more expounding on details than what was initially given. That is a good thing for the manga for sure. It allows for me a more "fleshed out" character profile than what is expected in the LN (which relies on the reader to pull in small details all around and making the profile in their head than being outright told) and easier reading.

There isn't... much to really say about it? It certainly outlines as to what the family dynamics is (to a very obvious degree tbh) and what kind of position that Runa (both Isekai and Otome version) sits at in that point in time. Well... to be fair, Otome version would have just been... another mouth to feed sentiments from the family.

For a certain someone waiting for it, there will a Thirst section later >.>;

We also got to see a glimpse of one of the three "capture targets"! Teia Eiichi-kun! I can't wait for the canned soda scene. Should be interesting on how Mangaka-kun will portray this.

Thirst Section? Thirst Section.

So this all really started with Volume 4 of the Light Novel. Oh, it recently released so if you hadn't yet, make sure to buy the LN too! its very good! #NotAnAd.
It all started there... on page 52 where I saw Nakamoro-niisan for the first time.
I "KYAAAAAAAA~~!!!!!!!!"d so hard. Now, I'm more of a waifu girl than a husbando girl (I still appreciate them but I know where my tastes lie in terms of waifus vs husbandos) but SOMETHING just HIT RIGHT THERE ON THAT IMAGE.
One leg over the other, dress pants, impeccable suit and tie, a natural looking styled hair... and that expression of calm but intelligent gaze and that face that is just screaming to my inner depths that hits on that "MALE IDOL" kind of vibes just.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I THRISTED SO HARD. IT WAS WEIRD. IT WAS OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME. LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS DUMB FEMALE BRAIN OF MINE THAT ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IT LIKES BUT IS NOW REACTING SO STRONGLY TO A HUSBANDO?!
Where did I change? Or better yet, when? Holy crap....
Oh! Before anyone says anything... It's not like my ovaries exploded and I gone into "MARRY ME NOW!!!" mode. Naw, I hadn't gone down that kind of deep degeneracy (yet? dunno.). It is also a fact that Nakamoro-niisan is an engaged man (yes, he has a fiancee... lucky bitch... but she's also a nice woman too QAQ) in the light novels. In the Otome world, I believe he actually married said fiancée already? Regardless, I am a girl of impeccable logic and control over things. I certainly ain't the kind that will want to go in-between a loving (or in this case, committed is the right word?) couple.
... You sure can bet tho that I'll fight for next in line fiercely if it ever does fall apart tho... Just to see if it can work... yeah.. just... uhhh... to see if it can work... Damn. Calm down girl... calm down...

So! I've already semi-discussed it with another person but there is subtle differences on how KEI-sensei and DATA-sensei made Nakamoro-niisan appear. KEI-sensei's version already... well... read the above. DATA-sensei's version follows the concept that KEI-sensei did close enough that I can tell that he is, indeed, Nakamoro-niisan.
To quote myself in discord:
"Data did a really good job adapting KEI's design for Nakamoro-niisan
Data's design tho is just a tad bit softer
and takes off that absolute bishounen vibe that I got hit with seeing KEI's initial design
to just a notch down
still good! don't get me wrong
but something about that page 52 illustration insert
just smacks dab into that bishounen sharpness
Data still has that handsome look, but more of a neighborhood hottie and not "male idol" look
I don't know if it makes sense
but that's my absolutely.... non-objective 3:25AM addled brain talk"
It never really did change even if I thought about it some more. DATA-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan is still good and gets a thumbs up for sure! But KEI-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan just HITS THAT DAMN SPOT... I will miss KEI-sensei even more now... QAQ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I swear, I will be boiling mad internally if the next artist changes Nakamoro-niisan's style. Not enough to drop the series but I will just wish really hard that a miracle happens and KEI-sensei comes back QAQ.

ONEGAI!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~!!! NAKAMORO-NIISAN! DON'T CHANGE!!!!!!!!!

... cough

So yeah... That's my thoughts on it. Now I need to chug some water. I'm thirsty.

Ok, moving away from that...

Some weird things I noticed. Page 18. 3rd Thought rectangle. ""Who can blame me for being such a shut-in in **my last life because of so**?" I don't know what to change the first bolded part, but the 2nd bolded part has a cut off in thought.

Ah.... I feel for Runa-chan when she met Nakamoro-niisan in that party. I feel for you. Humu...

Other thoughts:

... Water color huh....

What the heck happen with Boeing? Just a company that got WAY WAY too complacent with themselves? like geeeeeez.

China is up to China things again. They be acting like its obscured but they're more transparent than a sheet of glass.

... Nakamoro-niisan....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SSS+GN FOR THE NEW CHAPTER! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

-goes off to the mall... and most likely read Vol.4 more too-

Dex-chan lover
Another chapter! Yay for a good day!

So we finally arrived at "Why my Hair is Blonde"

We also started out with Runa's big social debut/reveal (which wasn't overly emphasized) at the "Family Meeting".

Hmn. Overall, there is a lot more expounding on details than what was initially given. That is a good thing for the manga for sure. It allows for me a more "fleshed out" character profile than what is expected in the LN (which relies on the reader to pull in small details all around and making the profile in their head than being outright told) and easier reading.

There isn't... much to really say about it? It certainly outlines as to what the family dynamics is (to a very obvious degree tbh) and what kind of position that Runa (both Isekai and Otome version) sits at in that point in time. Well... to be fair, Otome version would have just been... another mouth to feed sentiments from the family.

For a certain someone waiting for it, there will a Thirst section later >.>;

We also got to see a glimpse of one of the three "capture targets"! Teia Eiichi-kun! I can't wait for the canned soda scene. Should be interesting on how Mangaka-kun will portray this.

Thirst Section? Thirst Section.

So this all really started with Volume 4 of the Light Novel. Oh, it recently released so if you hadn't yet, make sure to buy the LN too! its very good! #NotAnAd.
It all started there... on page 52 where I saw Nakamoro-niisan for the first time.
I "KYAAAAAAAA~~!!!!!!!!"d so hard. Now, I'm more of a waifu girl than a husbando girl (I still appreciate them but I know where my tastes lie in terms of waifus vs husbandos) but SOMETHING just HIT RIGHT THERE ON THAT IMAGE.
One leg over the other, dress pants, impeccable suit and tie, a natural looking styled hair... and that expression of calm but intelligent gaze and that face that is just screaming to my inner depths that hits on that "MALE IDOL" kind of vibes just.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I THRISTED SO HARD. IT WAS WEIRD. IT WAS OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME. LIKE WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS DUMB FEMALE BRAIN OF MINE THAT ALREADY KNOWS WHAT IT LIKES BUT IS NOW REACTING SO STRONGLY TO A HUSBANDO?!
Where did I change? Or better yet, when? Holy crap....
Oh! Before anyone says anything... It's not like my ovaries exploded and I gone into "MARRY ME NOW!!!" mode. Naw, I hadn't gone down that kind of deep degeneracy (yet? dunno.). It is also a fact that Nakamoro-niisan is an engaged man (yes, he has a fiancee... lucky bitch... but she's also a nice woman too QAQ) in the light novels. In the Otome world, I believe he actually married said fiancée already? Regardless, I am a girl of impeccable logic and control over things. I certainly ain't the kind that will want to go in-between a loving (or in this case, committed is the right word?) couple.
... You sure can bet tho that I'll fight for next in line fiercely if it ever does fall apart tho... Just to see if it can work... yeah.. just... uhhh... to see if it can work... Damn. Calm down girl... calm down...

So! I've already semi-discussed it with another person but there is subtle differences on how KEI-sensei and DATA-sensei made Nakamoro-niisan appear. KEI-sensei's version already... well... read the above. DATA-sensei's version follows the concept that KEI-sensei did close enough that I can tell that he is, indeed, Nakamoro-niisan.
To quote myself in discord:
"Data did a really good job adapting KEI's design for Nakamoro-niisan
Data's design tho is just a tad bit softer
and takes off that absolute bishounen vibe that I got hit with seeing KEI's initial design
to just a notch down
still good! don't get me wrong
but something about that page 52 illustration insert
just smacks dab into that bishounen sharpness
Data still has that handsome look, but more of a neighborhood hottie and not "male idol" look
I don't know if it makes sense
but that's my absolutely.... non-objective 3:25AM addled brain talk"
It never really did change even if I thought about it some more. DATA-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan is still good and gets a thumbs up for sure! But KEI-sensei's Nakamoro-niisan just HITS THAT DAMN SPOT... I will miss KEI-sensei even more now... QAQ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I swear, I will be boiling mad internally if the next artist changes Nakamoro-niisan's style. Not enough to drop the series but I will just wish really hard that a miracle happens and KEI-sensei comes back QAQ.

ONEGAI!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~!!! NAKAMORO-NIISAN! DON'T CHANGE!!!!!!!!!

... cough

So yeah... That's my thoughts on it. Now I need to chug some water. I'm thirsty.

Ok, moving away from that...

Some weird things I noticed. Page 18. 3rd Thought rectangle. ""Who can blame me for being such a shut-in in my last life because of so?" I don't know what to change the first bolded part, but the 2nd bolded part has a cut off in thought.

Ah.... I feel for Runa-chan when she met Nakamoro-niisan in that party. I feel for you. Humu...

Other thoughts:

... Water color huh....

What the heck happen with Boeing? Just a company that got WAY WAY too complacent with themselves? like geeeeeez.

China is up to China things again. They be acting like its obscured but they're more transparent than a sheet of glass.

... Nakamoro-niisan....

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SSS+GN FOR THE NEW CHAPTER! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!

-goes off to the mall... and most likely read Vol.4 more too-
What happened with Boeing? Yeah, basically decades of rubberstamping because their usual quality is good enough for pre-airbus monopoly means that no one realizes when someone decices to get a bit more sloppy until it’s too late.

In other words, they got complacent.

Dex-chan lover
Is the uncle evil or is he actually just a genuinely good guy to Runa and she's just misunderstanding?
Can’t point at him being evil with just this much. He is head of the family, and it’s on his shoulder to keep the family afloat even if it means cutting off less-significant relatives like his niece, who is now kind of risk with being rich, and still a “little girl who doesn’t know the world”.

Or maybe he wants to see what Runa will came up to escape this trial, so he can measure her true worth.

Aggregator gang
Is the uncle evil or is he actually just a genuinely good guy to Runa and she's just misunderstanding?
In this point of time, he is just average human, not evil but he can do bad things if necessary, not a saint but decent enough for a human.
In his pov, he inherit a scandal from the past, and that scandal remained in the form of his niece.
He never personally care about his niece, but he provide all the financial care etc, Runa at least can live luxuriously (though the economy create strain on Keikain Zaibatsu, as shown in early chapters, so this support is in danger of being cut)
In his eyes, Tachibana was going rogue and getting too much assets. All for Runa, who he reasonably think as only clueless figurehead.

Isn't it a waste to leave Tachibana and Ichijjou with Runa? They are only gojng to collect more dowry for her....

Users who are viewing this thread