Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Tears fell from the cheeks once youthful
As the last grains of sand fell to its base
Tears welled up in the eyes of her beloved
Mixing with her own upon her face

Time is the bastard of the immortal
It is the envy of those with limited view
For a time spent short in love and in a rush
Seem more vivid than ones with nothing to do

The elf knowing his time is near endless cries
For he is left once again in his own stagnation
He must move on lest his soul be polluted
By the corruptive scars of loss and frustration

I wish this elf peace of mind and harmony
But idle hands leave time to dwell in the past
He must keep moving with the spirit of youth
If his sanity is to withstand his time and last

So this chapter comes to its close
With a funeral, a departing, and new goal
May this journey our elf finds himself on
Be one to fill this new crack in his soul

irish-goodbye-scaled.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I feel like this did it even better than Frieren. It very quickly showed characters ageing more than just visibly. The way they interact with the world changing. Even seeing Wynn grow older where we see Aesir still unchanging, shows that Wynn will also die before Aesir. And with Kaeha's death, his origins are basically gone, save for the elves.
For me, it's the tackle on different perspective.
Aesir's story is focused on the change in real time.

Frieren deals with aftermath and lessons you learned from what little you experience during your adventure. iirc, Frieren parted ways with her friends after the whore shindigs.
Not to mention the latest translated chapter talks about how she returned back to the past with all memories in tact.

Dex-chan lover
Was this really that good though? So much praise for this arc, but all it did was piss me off. It felt like forced drama for the sake of forced drama. Let's recap what kind of character the author wrote here, because he literally had the MC ruin her life:

She was a hopeful, skilled swordsman trying to advertise her sword style. MC pops up, "ay gimme dat style." and spends time with her, leads her on, and she falls in love. MC says "aight, lol, seeya." in a way that convinces her that she isn't worthy of him. She then loses her mind after he leaves her and has her friends husband inseminate her (ruining their marriage) so she could produce heirs worthy of the MC. MC comes back, "yo wutup? Ay those my kids? Sick. Alright, seeya." LEAVES AGAIN LMAO. Dumps the raising of his kid on someone else. And then when he comes back, she's basically old af on her deathbed and then dies, and he has the fucking gall to cry about it like he was ever there for her.

Nah man, fuck this arc. It was shit, and you can't convince me otherwise. It's not even the edge that annoys me, I've read some pretty fucked up stuff. I'm not mad about that. I just genuinely think this was overly dramatic and forced by the author just to try and make some contrived "sad" story that we're supposed to think was deep. It's clearly worked on some people, but I just don't buy it. Just my opinion.
He spent like 20 years with her. He changed the entire trajectory of her life. This is so dumb of you to oversimplify and try to revile him

Dex-chan lover
Well stuff like this really do hit different reading it in manga form than in a novel, and with this chapter we're done with WN Arc 11 or LN Volume 3, Chapter 1

(Reminder if anyone interested in the source, the LN is licensed by J-Novel and currently going through Volume 3, LN ended with Volume 8, and WN is completed too)
Is the (English) LN a good read?

Dex-chan lover
Kaeha got to spend the end of her life with her love and even die in his arms. I'm glad she got that. :fml:

I am deeply moved by the story, but unfortunately my heart became too cold for being able to cry.

Dex-chan lover
I know Kaeha gonna pass away and honestly I'm surprised it took that long, but damn that still hits really hard. Wonder if Aesir would come back before everyone who knows of him in the Dojo passed away, that would've been lonely.

Users who are viewing this thread