Uchi no Ojou-sama no Hanashi wo Kiitekure: Akuyaku Reijou Kouryaku Kiroku - Ch. 2 - My Lady's Scheme

Dex-chan lover
Well that was a brutal injury you don't often see in otome stories. Glad it caused him to awaken to his memories!

Dex-chan lover
File this under "Could have easily just been a fantasy story without isekai being involved" for later.
Not if this actually follows the synopsis. He needs a reason to suddenly change (getting his memories back) and act in a way that is beyond is years/knowledgeable outside of just being a butler for the villainess.

Granted we'll see how much he leans on his modern knowledge as this goes on, and you might still be totally right.

Dex-chan lover
Not if this actually follows the synopsis. He needs a reason to suddenly change (getting his memories back) and act in a way that is beyond is years/knowledgeable outside of just being a butler for the villainess.

Granted we'll see how much he leans on his modern knowledge as this goes on, and you might still be totally right.
Someone made this point earlier and I replied to him various ways for this to happen without him needing to be an Isekai protag.

Forbidden mind control magic? Life blood pact? Misplaced values? Misattributed worship? Stockholm Syndrome? Excessive Abuse? Slave from birth?

He doesn't need to be an isekai victim for there to be a legitimate reason behind him coming to common sense, it was just the easiest way the author thought to do it without having to put effort into it.

Magic bestowing wisdom or knowledge is a super common fantasy trope as well. Again, none of this needed to be an isekai and that's the problem with most isekai stories. They rely on the trope to give them plot and premise rather than just using it in their plot and premise as a tool. Regardless, if the author has any kind of sense they're gonna use the "I remember the game" trope extensively.

Dex-chan lover
sigh... would've been nice if he wasn't reincarnated or similar and instead just naturally realized what he should be doing without using the game knowledge

Dex-chan lover
Forbidden mind control magic? Life blood pact? Misplaced values? Misattributed worship? Stockholm Syndrome? Excessive Abuse? Slave from birth?

He doesn't need to be an isekai victim for there to be a legitimate reason behind him coming to common sense, it was just the easiest way the author thought to do it without having to put effort into it.

Also I don't know what you mean by Isekai helping us relate, because I've never really related to any Isekai character outside of Mushoku Tensei. All of those other avenues are perfectly relatable. Abuse? Loss of choice? Regret? There's tons of relatability in someone being forced to do something and then hating that it was forced on them, but again, the author chose the easiest path.
Aside from magic, I don't think any of those would be resolved quickly to move on with the plot the author seems to want. That said, a story about a subordinate working through their abuse to eventually challenge and leave their abuser would be a worthwhile story itself. It would also be one I doubt your typical isekai author would be able to comprehend. If they could grasp such concepts, they would be able to write isekai protagonists that act like actual human beings. I say as I take another sip of the garbage juice.

Dex-chan lover
She beat him to near death in the first chapter not caring what happened to him, left him and got angry that he was late. You mean to tell me she cares about his well being now!!

Dex-chan lover
The villainess tampered with dangerous items that could harm the Heroine. The Heroine is justified in "accidentally" teaching her a lesson.

I think the MC is a garbage simp for taking the abuse and staying loyal to trash like the villainess.
How is he a simp when he is just fulfilling his butler duties. He isn't shown having any romantic feelings for the villainess?

Dex-chan lover
Bro I reaaally hope that the dude stays loyal to the villainess even if shes a trash bag. This would have been really interesting for me if the dude didnt get his reincarnation memory shit plot. Ive been craving for a true side character pov. A side character fate that changed from the reincarnated character's actions and actually dont have plot armor. But i doubt a japanese author would think the same.
There’s an OI called “My mom entered a contract marriage” with this premise. Outside of the first few chapters, it’s kinda dull though (in my opinion).

Longevity seems to be the issue with a lot of iseikai series though. The story’s hook is almost always resolved early on and the rest of the series consists of the same bland shenanigans that the premise was pretending to subvert. A lot of these could just be short stories that are a few chapters long. Villianess Anthology isn’t great but it really represents what is probably the ideal length for these stories.

But I admire these authors because they keep drawing and writing even after they run out of things to say. I lack that work ethic.

Dex-chan lover
“My mom entered a contract marriage”
I read it and I think its pretty good because of the art portraying the little girl's mentality and also that its exactly what I've been searching for. If there's anything to feel weird about is the lack of the mother's presence but its common for stories to cut off pointless scenes.

Dex-chan lover
I'd give this one more chapter before I'd drop it. It looks like it's going somewhere, but it's not incredibly original or interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread