Moto Ansatsusha, Tensei Shite Kizoku no Reijou ni Narimashita - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.2

Dex-chan lover
Villainess who bullies the weak ... oh no, this is gonna go in that direction, isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
Rumors aren't usually accurate and get more inaccurate the more they spread like a game of telephone. Not surprising when the source is probably a combination of the sister and the maid in question. Or people seeing the aftermath of it and not the incident.
or it's a case of royalty politics since as far as the nobles are concerned, only one of the girls is married to a prince and as such sticking to the perceived empress candidate is more advantageous than stick to the quiet, broody and ultimately correct sister who never seems to be around to the public

Dex-chan lover
I’ve been trying to find the wn or ln for a while now and can’t find anything.
Can someone please tell me if there’s one to begin with? And if there is, where can I find it?

Dex-chan lover
Should really have made that maid dissappear after saying all that, It would make rosemary more wary atleast if all the maids jus start fucking vanishing
I partially agree.
On the one hand, this would allow Serena to keep a clean public image. And she has the skills and connections necessary to make it happen.
On the other hand, I'm not sure this would have worked. Rosemary is dumb. And this plot might be too subtle to work on her.

Dex-chan lover
I partially agree.
On the one hand, this would allow Serena to keep a clean public image. And she has the skills and connections necessary to make it happen.
On the other hand, I'm not sure this would have worked. Rosemary is dumb. And this plot might be too subtle to work on her.
Yeahhh I'm actually starting to get tired of Rosemary's character already. Even if it didn't work it'd make better reading than what this'll end up being 😉🤣

Dex-chan lover
As others have said, once the word leaks out into gossip it spreads and mutates. Especially since mom and staff lean towards Rosemary's side, this means little to no correction or defense offered.

Well the MC doesn't give one iota about her house anyways. She was getting out off dodge just some chapters ago and I think it was the prince or her assasin boss that practicaly begged her to go back for the greater good or smth.

So she doesnt need anyone to stand by her side or defend her. What they gonna do? Try to kill THE best killer in the kingdom lolol

Dex-chan lover
It's strange that people think everyone is acting dumb. They all seem about average as people go.

At every job I've ever had I've seen at least one Rosemary with fellow gossipmongers to echo and spread her rumors.

I even had a conversation with an exec yesterday about an employee dripping venom into ears to sabotage their promotion competitors.

Dex-chan lover
You're thinking by modern standards.
In medieval times, such a punishment for insulting a noble in this way was commonplace. This was a deliberate, explicit and extreme insult. At least, this was as much as she and Rosemary thought they could get away with. There was nothing accidental or mild about it.
(Edit: as evidence, even the extremely naive and lenient mother couldn't argue against it.)
I’m not looking at it from modern pov but rather a pragmatic one. Catching flies with honey sort of thing. Now, again, her doing the whipping makes sense contexually and characterwise, but if she hadn’t the servants could’ve been more predisposed to her, instead of viewing her as a cruel bully resulting in less allies for rosemary within her house.
But I’m just looking at what could’ve been.

Dex-chan lover
Imo the worse characters is the mom, she's the one who enable all of this. Second is Rosemary, and 3rd is literally anyone else because the are so stupid for not seeing anything. You think the maid incident is enough to open everyone eyes or at least the maids about Rosemary, but nah they all too stupid and lack of common sense lmao. Tbh I don't mind but I think the author going too far with how stupid the general npc are

Dex-chan lover
I'll wait to see if the Chapter 20 would have an actual plot. If the story still involving with this kind of thing, then it's a good time to drop. This might even be axed before 20 though, I seriously got that vibe.

Dex-chan lover
It's strange that people think everyone is acting dumb. They all seem about average as people go.
There is one braindead character (the mother) and one dumb character (Rosemary).

The servants are not exactly dumb, except the first maid who accepted to go and insult Serena directly to her face. But they have to choose whether to obey the obviously favorited daughter or the dangerous one (and they don't know how dangerous she really is). Not an easy choice actually.

Then there is the father. He's not dumb as he can see the trap his wife and adopted daughter fell in hook line and sinker, but he's too absent and indifferent to get his house in order. He should send his wife to a nice remote home in the countryside since she's obviously dumb enough to walk into every single manipulative scheme in noble society. Heck, she fell to the scheme of a commoner with a cute face and a dog. Then take her out to a ball once in a while... keeping her in arm's reach at all time.

Outside of these characters, as you said, it's mostly average people who like gossiping. And possibly looking for ways to trip each other socially.

Dex-chan lover
Disappointed that they took off one of the scene showing Serena scheming.
After Marin is whipped, Serena whispered to her like insulting how the whipping will leave a mark, and she will surely find it difficult to find a husband now. That thought terrify her, because their society is still centred on male, and the only way to guarantee a woman's future is by marriage. In reality, Serena made sure she doesn't whip too hard as to leave a permanent mark,
Serena also told her, it's all because of Rosemary.

Everything would have ends up better if Rosemary admit it's her fault. Rosemary would get away with just a slap on the wrist anyway. Meanwhile, Marin will just get pay cut, but no corporal punishment because she is just following order.

After that, Marin is not fired though. Serena took her as her private maid.
Serena is a teen now. Of course she got Tigur, but only having a male attending her every need is bad. She need a female attendant, and someone she can trust.
Marin learned her lesson. Rosemary had sold her out, so she's not going to ever take that girl's side anymore. In opposite, she found Serena to be at least just. She teaches discipline to those working under her, unlike her mother.

The servants in that house are numbed because Amaryllis is too soft on them.
They forgot nobles can be cruel to commoners, and their boss is just an exception.
As for Serena, she is trying to pass as a noble. Such as in this case, she tread the line on what is still considered normal and acceptable by the society, rather than trying to be like her mother who is kind but taken lightly by even people of lower status.

About the rumours. It's not as bad as it sounds in the noble society. Yes, they talk about how Serena is a cold-hearted woman. But they just want to gossip about someone anyway.
Many of them are noble-supremacist like Einrich, they'd laugh hearing a real blue-blooded Serena is teaching the commoner posing as noble her lesson. Not a single drip of sympathy to Rosemary.
It's just Serena doesn't bother getting defensive against those rumours, so they treat the rumours like a "harmless joke".

Another thing is, those smart enough knows the power map.
Einrich is the second prince. By default, he got no right to the throne and wouldn't even stay as part of the royal family. People sucking up to him or Rosemary are betting on the chance the Consort's faction wins. Or they don't know the kingdom's succession system and thought Einrich will stay as a prince.
Evan is showing interest in Serena. So this means Violets is not picking sides, eliminating Einrich's advantage. Which is what Evan planned, to make sure the nobles still waits before making hasty decision.
I think in general, they're just poking, but know when to pull their fist.

There should be one more episode before the school arc.
One of Rosemary's knights try to warn Serena for her attitude to Rosemary.
But when Serena threaten him, he is intimidated enough to draw his sword and throw Serena to the wall.
After that, his commander sent him back. He is deemed unsuitable for the job because a knight shouldn't treat a lady with violence, and especially he shouldn't draw his sword against a lady like what he did.
On that knight's way back, Tigur secretly ambush and killed him, without even Serena knowing about it.

btw, anyone got the 7-Net store exclusive side story? It has the side story about how Serena's parents met.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread