Votes: 571 15.6%
  • I'm evil and lolis aren't best

Votes: 1,627 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CronaDarklight
1. Not sure what that has to do with anything i wrote. A pedophile is someone whos attracted to children. They arent criminals yet, but they have obvious tendencys. Thats why groups exist to help them.
I thought it referred to people who did or tried, but I just checked the definition and you are right. I still think that thought crime shouldn't exist, tho.
2. The author of this thread obviously.
He wrote like, one line?
3. Its the way people talk and constantly bring them up that makes people suspicious. Anime and Manga sadly attracts these kinds and sometimes caters to them, especially with animation. Its starting in the west too with fandoms of Owl House and other shows.
Unless you point out some kind of behavior manga/anime fan engage in, I stand by my examples. People misunderstanding and being worried is not a reason to call others pedos.

@Nutz
Why groups don't work? I thought they worked for drugs and alcohol, so I thought they would work in this topic too.
(Pardon me if Little People or Dwarfism is not politically correct. I'm not up to date with current PC terminology)
If you care about that, you should call them "people affected by Achondroplasia", which is the medical term for the condition which is the main cause of dwarfism. I doubt people would understand you, tho.

@ghj
Well, no, it doesn't sound stupid, if i like to kill k***s, i am going to be more excited and inclined to play a game that allows me to kill them, If i like to fight i am going to be more inclined to play/search games that allows me to fight, if I like girls then i am going to search for anime with characters with similar characteristics, lolis in this case.
A certain group being relatively more likely to play a game than people outside that group (EDIT: corrected), doesn't mean that it's likely that a person who plays that game is in that group.
Feeling sexually attracted towards kids is quite a bad thing no matters how you look at it, the more they consume that kind of stuff the more they are going to be inclined to do it in real life.
You are the one who was fine with being attracted by 14 yo just because they looked older. If the problem with pedos is that they are attracted to kids (EDIT: and thus a potential danger to them), I don't see much difference with you. (EDIT: If I had a 14yo daughter that looked older, and a 50yo man started looking at her because he found her attractive, I wouldn't take it well, regardless of her looking older. She is still a kid.)

ghj

@YuriIsTooLewd
A certain group being relatively more likely to play a game than people outside that group (EDIT: corrected), doesn't mean that it's likely that a person who plays that game is in that group.
Somebody who likes to play those kind of games is going to be more inclined to commit things related to those games that somebody who doesn't, look i am going to make this easy. why would somebody like a loli in a sexual way? because they like the body type of a small girl, this is so simple.
You are the one who was fine with being attracted by 14 yo just because they looked older. If the problem with pedos is that they are attracted to kids, I don't see much difference with you.
In an anime, not real life, now if a girl in real life is 14 and has a developed body then is not unhealthy for you to feel an attraction towards that girl that's just you reacting and that's it, now, marrying her would be a no-good idea for multiples reason like the personality.
Pedos are those who like underdeveloped girls, lolis, not that kind of 14 years old girl.
2014-10-15-overthinking-e1432477682903.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for your hard work, as always, staff.

Yanno I don't go on the forums here for a reason... I guess even announcement threads are not safe to read without devolving into high school level debates. I am so old and so tired. Smarter people than you have spent their lives writing and talking about stuff. Go look it up and read about it. libgen and public libraries have free books just like mangadex

Group Leader
Somebody who likes to play those kind of games is going to be more inclined to commit things related to those games that somebody who doesn't

Stalin who played no video games: kill count = 8-9 millions
Gamers who completed "No Russian" mission in MW2: kill count = 0.

It was fun talking to you, Jack Thompson.

By the way, that avatar looks awfully... underage. Let me inform the FBI about you, just in case.

Lol. This thread serves a great reminder of why this community should never let the Reddit fascists take over.

@hollyguild My debate level was definitely above high school level. =w=

on one hand i don't care about people being lolicons,
on the other, i think they're mostly betas that live on their mamas basement. which is why they develop weird fetishes. its similar to liking ponies. they are in the same group.
at the end of the day, people shouldnt care. it will not change them, but at the same time. people shouldn't remove the bad generalization towards them, in humanity its a way to make it not contagious in the society, to stir out from it.
like how intuition work. specially because children are potential victims if it goes out of hand.
we don't care at the end of the day, but its normal to point at them and laugh.
it is basic human nature. to have a redlight on it.

in the far future anyway, people will stop caring, and people individualy can do simulations like redpill. and they can simulate their fetishes may it be ponycon or lolicon or mutilation without potential danger of one day going crazy and not knowing how to seperate reality. yes, when we live in artificial tubes like kirito everyone can be free. i will have my isekai harem of darksin animegirls.
that is all.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mr_Detective You're right, I temporarily forgot how bad undergrads are at critical thinking and writing. Trying to take someone apart point by point like you were doing is what they teach you in beginner informal logic. It is not how you win arguments or change minds in real life (because there is no such thing as a rational/logical human being) and it does not require any actual knowledge or understanding of a topic. You're just repeating a superficial debate that has happened a million times before, for literal decades, resulting in no progress or change whatsoever. There are entire fields of media theory and criticism, psychology, science and technology studies that have actually thought through these issues and discussed them at a much higher level than this, none of which you referenced. I understand enjoying debate as entertainment, a way to pass the time, but if you have any belief that "winning" at it makes you superior to anyone else in any way you are delusional.

I regret commenting already, I will not be responding to any further "debate" unless you want help using libgen or your library website to look things up. I am always happy to help people learn more.

Group Leader
I don't give a damn about changing anyone's mind or winning anything, Dr. Critical. I speak my mind when I feel like I should, and that's that. People will still think what they want to think, in the end.

Too bad that didn't humor you. *shrugs*

hot take: 2d loli is objectively a good thing if it helps people who are actual real-life pedophiles who don't want to do crimes get their jollies without hurting real people, and is totally harmless for the "2d only 3dpd" people

but the social stigma against it is also a good thing, 'cuz there are definitely a bunch of people out there who have no ability to distinguish fantasy and reality, so if you normalize loli/shota you're surely going to have a net gain of real pedos

the current iffy legality of the whole thing - where it's outright illegal in a lot of places but people rarely get in trouble for it unless they also have real cp or try to cross a border with doujinshi - is the best possible situation, since most people see it as degenerate and against the law and those who end up getting into it would probably have ended up doing so no matter how sketchy it is

you people have too much free time...

To not make this too short:
1. I don't think that pedophilia and lolis equate
Lolis work only because it is fiction, like tsunderes or little sister characters in general.
I can see people going for either of these both in pure or lewd way in manga, but just imagining it in RL makes me uncomfortable...

2. Also I am quite confident that majority of people who fap to loli hentai could never look at a real child in sexual way and those, who could, would do so even without loli hentai.
Same as liking food doesn't make you obese, but if you are obese there is quite a good chance that you like to eat.

3. Seen only first 4 ish seasons of MLP, but it felt like cross between 90s sitcom and shounen anime. The way it forced its morals was just like Step by Step or Full House and the part about new kid in new environment, getting a group together and using individual powers to solve the episodical issue was essentially the same as Bleach for example, there was even an anime-style boss fight..
plus every time I saw the animation I recalled happy tree friends...

As a side note, the existence of market for junior gravure idols is what seems a lot more sketchy to me, a lot more than fictional lolis in hentai...
The junior idols might be aimed at pubertal boys of the same age group, but realistically speaking their main sales are probably by old perverts...

Edit: btw I wonder how many italians and chinese are confused when reading this thread... they probably have no idea what is wrong about sleeping with 14yo girls

Dex-chan lover
MrW5mUX.gif

lmao I love how its always the announcement threads that get super heated keep it going.

Group Leader
In my country, manga websites have been banned by ISPs because of loli content.
I don't want mangadex to be the next, with friends telling me wholesome manga links I shared with them a month ago now display a governmental warning page instead.

For the loli subject itself, I'd say that we don't always choose our own fetishes, life sometimes bestow you a fat trauma and you cope with it in one way or another. I hope for everyone concerned to free themselves from these fetishes and their root trauma, seeking professionnal help can be worthwhile.

But if you have a choice on the matter and just hesitate to what to ogle to this evening, please don't condition your sexuality into arousing to things that would add you on a watchlist.
Like, for example, children bodies or cannibalism.
Such a Pavlov-style conditioning will only create you problems IRL - read Lolita from Nabokov.

Thanks for reading me. I hope you have plenty of great reads.
@Kakadu47

Same, but I absolutely disagree. First of all, all the people comparing the loli & shota with the IRL have a serious problem. A very big problem, even. It's like I'm watching a movie, or whatever horror movie, that I like, and I'm told: Wow, you must like it IRL!

Seriously?

Second: Fetish? What the fuck.
Just to put it in context: It's not because you like loli, or shota, that you like them in hentai, right? Just because they're adorable, that's all. Don't you think your 6 year old at home is adorable? That would be downright sad.

Finally, if there's anything absolutely detestable, it's people telling you what to do, because they're in the "norm". Especially when you're in a virtual fantasy land, and clearly not real. And Pavlov, we don't give a damn.
You have to know how to separate the virtual from the real. Those who are not capable of that are the real problems. And for all things, not only that.
(Again, don't connect everything to the sexual side, it's annoying in the end).

Edit: I hadn't seen it, but the summary of @YuriIsTooLewd is good, too.

Edit 2: And, @ghj just to pick up on just one of your many stubborn remarks.

I don't like to fight. I'm rather shy, except with my friends, and super pacifist (to the point where I let myself be pushed around, reacting only if my friends are the victims).
However, i know how to fight and (used to) work out. And no, i'm totally not weak, and was in no way frightened. In addition to having done 4 years of taekwondo, and 2 years of judo. And having taken self defense courses. So lol, but i just don't like hurting people o/
And you know what, I love fighting games. Since you seem to be so attached to making connections between virtual and reality, i'd just like to say that you're definitely wrong about that.
Sometimes you have to admit it, but the truth is that you can't link the real to the virtual, yeah not all the time, and above all, it depends on the people, you seem to be unable to tell the difference.

You should know this already, but creating a character / life is common in the virtual world. Yet, are people the same IRL ? No, clearly not.

It was just an example to tell you that the separation between the virtual and the real is very clear, if you are not able to do it, it's only your fault. Not someone else's.

Oh, and i think real pedo look for the real, not the fake, on the dark web etc. It's not for nothing that they are arrested, after all. But, I can't say that all people who like loli and shota, in a sexual context, are not pedo in the making, eh. I wouldn't say the opposite about that, but you can't generalize. We can't know, after all. But, manga-like drawings are so unrealistic, that it can't be that common, sorry to say.

To conclude, i am personally in favor of even shota / loli in a sexual context, because I seem to have seen a study on this where it could reduce the risks of a passage to reality, so why not ? If it can help for real, that's fine.
(Well, not really the shota / loli, but drawings in general)

Lol people are going all out defending that they into little animated kids. Reminds me of the Bronys defending their taste of being horsefuckers. Totally normal cuz they animated pff.

@ghj
Somebody who likes to play those kind of games is going to be more inclined to commit things related to those games that somebody who doesn't
I realized that my comment you replied to was already off topic. I'm sorry about that. You already said that you are talking about those who lust after loli, not others, and I wasn't talking about that. I do think that's a preposterous reduction of the topic as many who comment on loli are not like that, but still.
why would somebody like a loli in a sexual way? because they like the body type of a small girl, this is so simple.
I doubt I can make a better argument than others who posted after you, like @deSolAxe and @Satoru . If you still disagree, I don't know what to say.
now if a girl in real life is 14 and has a developed body then is not unhealthy for you to feel an attraction towards that girl that's just you reacting and that's it
I'd agree as first impression, but not after you learn about her age. (EDIT: I misunderstood what you meant. Forget the next part: "Also, you shouldn't make the 'that's just you reacting' argument, as it can be applied to really bad crimes.")
In an anime, not real life
I know, right? That's the whole point. Strange for you to say that, tho.

@Satoru
Edit: I hadn't seen it, but the summary of @YuriIsTooLewd is good, too.
Oh, my. Thank you. I wasn't expecting to read something like that, haha. You already praised yourself with that 'too', so I don't have to do it, haha. I do think yours is better, tho.

@Stalkerman
I doubt "loli are the best" is referring to a specific manga. Maybe the third option, dunno.

EDIT2: I get notifications from mentioning myself in my own post. Cute.

Dex-chan lover
This place be feeling like the site of a war, the only reason I'm not surprised (I'm not surprised btw) is because I've seen Twitter...

Well anyway, I've never actually encountered a 502 unless my internet was being bad, and while it (the bad internet) happens surprisingly often I still only see them occasionally as opposed to my usual pages failing to load and reload for a good few minutes/hours. Still though, glad an issue is being fixed, now I'll encounter it less in the future even if I don't now.

Oh right, the loli/nololi thing, this is a tough one chief. I'm uncultured and don't know the exact, line by line details of what the term 'loli' encompasses, so I can only say that all characters I have considered a loli I typically find cute (until they do terrifying/disturbing things, I say as I glance over at 'Darling In The Franxx's' dino loli whom tore off a guy's arm). It also depends on what the post means by each possible voting option, but I don't want to spend too long explaining stuff when someone is bound to try calling me out for thinking too hard over it (therefore branding me a pedo).

I'll vote Lolis are best as the safest option for now, and thanks to the people keeping Mangadex running, so glad I don't have to go back to that Kissmanga hellhole.

ghj

@YuriIsTooLewd
@Satoru
yada yada blah blah blah, stop messing around and just address the main point, I have read all of your replies and literally no one has ever addressed that, everyone here all of you do is use semantics and mess around, stop making things so unreasonably stupid and just address the main subject: why would you find sexually attractive the body of a 4 years of girl and how can you justify having the same taste than a pedo on girls? you are in public and there are a lot of people in front of you, now you need to convince them that you liking loli sexually is not unhealthy and is completely normal, what would you tell them that would not make you be put in a list of pedos?

@ghj
If you actually read my posts, I said I find covers of manga tagged with loli and ecchi disgusting. I'm only here because I like a polite discussion, and because I think the thought police is wrong. After you used one of my thesis as an argument (manga!=real life) and still claim that you don't agree while omitting any mention to that, I'm out of this. You are just a troll. Particularly with that last reply.

When are the 502s going away. I really wanted to see if Mangadex has a better scanlation of Eureka 7 than the other websites.
😥

ghj

"stop making things so unreasonably stupid and just address the main subject"
"I'm out of this. You are just a troll. Particularly with that last reply."
1559731259286.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread