Anemone is in Heat - Ch. 41 - Encounter

Dex-chan lover
Just reread this manga, but it seems like the kouhai's appearance has been planned early since she made a cameo on chapter 18 page 24 (if my assumption that the mob is her is correct)
"Has been planned early", "appearance" is a rather nice way to put it. It was chapter 24, just to correct the slight jumble, and classifying it as a whole "appearance" is crazy generous.

Her tiny profile was shown for a singular panel that probably had the least amount of details in that chapter. Her sticking out from the crowd is the only indicator that she might be somewhat of a character later on :p.

She clearly is a tool that was put in the storage to pull out whenever downtime/writer's block occurs (like now, instantly after another big drama arc just wrapped) for some easy pages. She is a nobody blank canvas. They generally are a positive thing and convenient but can be a disaster if accompanied by asspull.
I don't feel as strongly about her as many other commenters but I do hope that there is some depth to her drama that won't involve romance/MCs relationship as a main aspect. Would just be weak Imo with how this chapter and the last arc went.

Dex-chan lover
I predicted a kouhai showing up last chapter, but I thought it was going to be someone who likes Uda to push Riri XD

Anyhow, I'm still going to say: called a kouhai showing up with the new school year :ROFLMAO:

Fed-Kun's army
Kouhai's appearance was definitely planned. We've been getting hints of the angst coming from Mashiro's side since the beach episode, I believe. I think we haven't really grasped how insecure Mashiro is. Right now we're thinking, oh cute that she's so clingy because they're in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. But Mashiro has been warning Nagisa all this time that she's a needy greedy clinger that's probably more reminiscent of a boa constrictor than the cute Koala some of us have been thinking. She's been isolated due to her illness and Mashiro's quite possibly the first connection she's made so it's understandable but, now we're entering the college entrance arc which I know isn't really supposed to hit until next year but remember, Nagisa wants to enter the field of medicine in order to help Mashiro.

She's already talking about cram school so I imagine less time for dates and I think, I really hope I'm wrong, that they may be put in separate classes which will add tension to their relationship. I imagine nurse can put things in perspective about long distance relationships since she's probably dating Former President Nanjou but given her nature, she'll probably just make things worse. Uda's a more likely character to shed light on this predicament seeing as she's pretty much going to be living the same life. Her future GF Riri is school president and the actual candidate for the college arc since she's the 3rd year student.

So yes, all this conflict that can and will arise. They were always handled quickly with regards to our mains but will this approach change? This manga has always been on the more light hearted side so I'm wondering how it'll maintain that tone while facing very real world elements that often has adults pulling hair from their scalp.

Kouhai doesn't seem like a romantic rival. Feels like she's there to remind Nagisa of her more studious self. Or perhaps the opposite will happen and Nagisa and Mashiro's love will demonstrate there are more important things in life than studying.

I think Kouhai will turn out to be their adopted child in the end though.

Thanks for the translation! Really need this beautiful thing in official English so I can continue to support. Don't get me wrong, buying copies at Kinokuniya is cool and all but official language translations can help the popularity of this so I'm still hoping someone will pick it up!

Dex-chan lover
You know what? I don't really care. As long as we get more of the main couple some more screen time, you can bring all the kouhai drama you want. Author spent a lot of time developing and progressing the senpai and best friend plotline, but I'm not as invested in them as the main couple. There's bad poison and good poison. I'll gulp down gallons of this shit if it means I can see more of Mashiro and Nagisa.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, is she even attending the same school? Her uniform is different and we know that Nagisa never told anyone what happened. So it's possible that that kouhai qualified for the high level school expecting to meet Nagisa there and now suddenly realizes that she went to a completely different school and dyed her hair
As some people have pointed out she resembles a random person shown in chapter 24 in the crowd during their dress modeling for the Cultural Festival, but people from other schools going to different schools cultural festivals is a well established trope nowadays so I guess Im unsure. Suppose we'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread